twenty

ik this isn't 2015 but this pic makes me laugh bc everyone is bundled up and jonny is just having a good time

---

I woke up the next morning feeling restless. I was able to sleep last night but I still felt tired. I had to get up for practice, however, so I got out of bed and hopped in the shower.

I finished getting ready and put on a pair of jeans and my Blackhawks polo. I grabbed my huge Blackhawks jacket that the staff had for occasions like these when it was below freezing outside.

I went to the lobby and grabbed a banana for breakfast since I wasn't that hungry at the moment. I sat at a table and began scrolling through my phone while waiting for everyone to get here.

Two people sat at my table a couple minutes later. I looked up and saw Jon and Patrick sitting there with plates of eggs and protein shakes. "Morning Alex," Patrick said before he began scarfing down his breakfast.

"Morning guys," I chuckled. I snuck a glance at Jonathan to see him staring at me already. He sent me a smile before returning to his food. "How did you guys sleep?"

"Pretty good, except for the fact that Kaner was snoring," Jonathan quipped.

So I guess we were ignoring what happened last night, which honestly, I was fine with.

Patrick rolled his eyes. "I do not snore. And how would you even be able to tell if I did? You were fast asleep when I came back last night?"

"Uh, maybe because it woke me up?" Jon shot back.

I decided to intervene. "Wow, the sass is real."

"Yeah, I don't appreciate your attitude," Patrick said.

Jonathan smirked at him. "Can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen," he shrugged.

Patrick opened his mouth to respond but I interrupted him. "Well look at the time, we should get going so we don't miss the bus."

We got on the bus with the rest of the team and made our way to Nationals Park. Jonathan and I sat next to each other and luckily, it wasn't awkward at all. We seemed to have forgotten about last night's events.

Once we arrived at the park, the players headed to the locker rooms to get changed. I followed Rob to the trainers room where we began setting up. During the game, Rob would be on the bench in case of emergency while I would be inside. But for now, we were going to both watch the whole practice just to keep an eye on everybody.

Practice was relatively short; Q was known for having limited practices anyways. Nothing major happened except I had to assist one of the equipment managers on fixing one of Crawford's skates. Other than that, everything ran smoothly.

Now the players would have a chance to shower and get ready for the family skate, which started in an hour. I helped Rob make some last minute adjustments to everything until family skate started.

I decided to head out on the ice and skate around until everyone else got outside. However, I didn't make it past the locker rooms. I had my skates in hand and was going to head out the doors and onto the path leading to the ice rink when Duncan Keith exited the locker room.

"Hey Alex," he greeted me as I walked by.

I stopped to talk to him. "Hey Duncs, how's the wrist feeling?"