ten

Jonathan's POV

The next two games of the road trip were hell. I couldn't play so I had to sit in one of the press boxes and watch the boys. They lost one game and I couldn't help but feel responsible. I was the captain, I wasn't supposed to get hurt.

We got back to Chicago with 2 wins and 1 loss from the road trip. I couldn't do much except sit at home and watch hockey. Rob gave me some upper body workouts I could do to stay in shape, but I was still extremely limited. Alex came over a lot to keep me company when she was free.

Right now, Pat was sitting with me on the couch keeping me company. He had also been over a lot lately to update me on how the team is doing in practices and stuff.

"I'm getting hungry," I mentioned, hoping he would make me something to eat. I didn't want to get up since I was on crutches, it was a hassle to keep getting up.

Patrick looked away from the TV and glanced at me. "Me too man. Can you go make me a sandwich or something?"

I looked at him dumbfounded. "I'm the one on crutches!"

He chuckled and stood up. "I know, I was just joking."

I sighed as he walked into the kitchen and began making us lunch. Sometimes Patrick was too much for me to handle. I took out my phone and texted Alex while I waited.

Jon:
heyyy i'm bored

Alex:
hi i'm bored too

Jon:
well at least you're at work

Alex:
you literally just sleep eat and play hockey, that sounds like the life right there. isn't pat over there anyways?

Jon:
yeah but he's no fun

Alex:
true he's either lazy and boring or the life of the party, there's no in between

I chuckled as I read that. It was funny how spot on she was.

Jon:
very true, he's making me lunch rn so hopefully it's at least edible

Alex:
I would check it before you eat just to be sure

Jon:
hahah will do
i miss you :( i haven't seen you in like two days

Alex:
i'll stop by today after work and bring dinner!

Jon:
yesss thank you!

Alex:
i have to go now, love you Jonny

I grinned down at my phone when she said that. Even if she meant it as a friend, it still made me happy. I texted back a quick "love you too" and locked my phone.

I looked up to see Patrick staring at me and tapping his foot. "What?" I asked as I stood up and stretched.

"I've been standing here for a minute and you didn't even notice that the food was ready!" He exclaimed. "Who were you texting? You sure were smiling at your phone a lot."

"No one." I grabbed my crutches and made my way into the kitchen.

"C'mon Jonny, who was it? Do you have a lady in your life I should know about?" Patrick smirked as he got a bowl of blueberries out of the fridge.