Weeks

On Mondays just after the bell for every class she stands for 2 minutes, not saying anything and not sitting down even if a teacher asks her to but until the 2 minutes are up it won't happen.

On Tuesday she comes to class 29 minutes late exactly, and gets in fights with the teachers saying she's only absent if she's 30 minutes late.

On Wednesday she isn't at school.

Thursday she comes to class in some new hat and bright weird pjs with frogs on them, and sleeps for all of her classes.

On Friday she's like a normal person, does her work, keeps to herself, talks to people if they talk to her, and just when you have gotten used to her being normal, on Monday she's back to her version of normal and doing the same thing. She's like a clock.

Wednesday, and she came to school. Half the year has gone and not once before has she come in on Wednesday, but here she is. Sitting in my spot, with a black eye and split lip. "Uh, you're in my spot." Everyone's staring; kids like me don't talk to kids like her.

"Eggs." Is all she says as I stare at her. "Your breath smells like eggs, you forgot to brush your teeth again." I cover my mouth and breathe into my hand. She's right, but she's only 5'4 and sitting down which just makes her shorter, there is no way she can smell it while I'm standing. Everyone towers over her but I'm 6'1 so I'm like a building compared to her.

I sit down beside her and look at her paper. A drawing of a frog fighting with 3 other frogs with devil horns. Did she get beat up by 3 people? I know some of the other girls don't like her and the guys think she's a freak but to beat her up is a little much. Come to think of it, I have known her for half a year and I don't even know her name. "I'm Cole." I say and reach out my hand.

"Sky." She slaps my hand like it's a high five and not clearly a hand shake. "Do you like ham?"

"What?"

"Ham, do you like it?" She moves into the desk more and darkens one of the frog's hands.

"I guess, I mean I don't like it more or less than anyone else." She turns her paper over making me jump at her quick movement and I watch her write down 'might like ham'. "Why are you writing that down?"

"Because I love you." I hear everyone snap their bodies to us and some even gasp.

"Uh, thank you?" I don't know how to react to this. We don't even know each other, we just met.

"Your welcome. Look Cole, I know no one likes me, but you should like me, because you are my soul mate and I love you." Where did this all even come from? She finally looks at me and I see she's wearing colored contacts making her eyes purple.

"Uh, no I don't like you let alone love, I mean we just met and, your you... I just don't like you, you know?" I smile and look around at everyone while they snap their heads away. Freaking gossip vultures. "Why do you love me then?" She looks at me for a while and then grabs my bag from me and starts going through it. "Hey that's my stuff!" I try to grab it back when she rips out my house keys.

"This." She holds my keychain and the little frog on it.

"Because I happen to have a frog on my keychain? Are you for real?" She starts nodding her head violently and I sigh.

"If you like frogs that means I must love you because frogs are everything to me, and so you are now everything to me." Oh god no.

"Well here then." I take the frog off my keys and hand it to her. "See I don't like frogs, if I'm willing to give it away without hesitation then it means nothing to me. So go get a crush on someone else." She takes the frog and looks at it and then me, and she starts to cry. I stand up and look around the room and the teacher comes in.