Chapter 12

Vice versa (Blake Griffin fanfiction)

Chapter 12: Birthday Friday part I

Blake.

We sat in a circle in my living room, drinking alcohol, sharing stories, some smoking marijuana, others just absorbing the stench. It was my birthday Friday. My parents left to Tulsa for my aunties baby shower. They contemplated on whether leaving or staying but I pled them to leave so I can have a 'get together' with a few friends.

Just from the looks of it, Tucker and Jordan were already high and jasmine and Cara were half drunk. I sipped the last of my of red cup and left to the kitchen to refill for more beer. Without warning, Wilson stood behind me also refilling.

"You cool, bro?" He asked.

I nodded, gulping beer down "yeah. It's all good. I'm enjoying myself"

"You just look- a little quiet"

All due respect, Cara, jasmine, Devon, Eric and especially Jordan, they were tucker and Wilson's friends. They were my classmates. not friends. I only allowed them to come because I knew tucker was going through it with his home life so I wanted him to enjoy himself and he was. He was as high as the moon.

"Nah man. I'm good. Thanks for asking though"

He smiled and sipped his drink "Patricia's coming anytime"

I chugged my beer down and refilled. Wilson looked at me skeptically.

"You wanna get fucked tonight huh?" He loudly chuckled.

I swiped the extra beer around my mouth with my sleeve "hell yeah" raising my red cup.

I couldn't lie, I was happy. I wasn't smoking the weed so I knew I was actually happy. I laughed around with the other guys, cracking jokes, playing beer pong. The doorbell rang and I immediately looked over at Wilson. Patricia wasn't near him so it was possible that she was at the door, jeopardizing my happiness.

I took a deep breathe and opened the door. It was Cynthia. With her hair actually straightened, her smile radiated more then usual.

"Hey, come on in" I gestured. We gave a little side hug and then entered the house.

At the sight of her, Everyone greeted Cynthia. We stood, shoulder to shoulder as she greeted everyone.

"You enjoying tonight?" She asked.

I shrugged "it's been pretty fucking awesome"

She smiled and glimpsed around the room. "You smoke?" She asked when she laid her eyes on the weed.

"No, actually" I grabbed her hand and laced it with mine. I took her to the kitchen where she followed closely behind.

"So, Tucker's friend, maybe one of his 'best friends', Jordan, is a total pot head and he brought it. I was been against it but I mean"

Her eyes roamed around, remembering that she's never been to my house. "And you didn't have a say on the weed being brought?"

"I did. Oh I did. But I just didn't want to be a party-pooper"

Cynthia's eyes finally met mines. She stepped closer to me, almost exchanging breathes "then lets go smoke if you're not a party-pooper" she smirked.

I smirked back "mmmm"

She laughed "it's cool- it ain't for everyone"

She teased me with her smile and her words. I could tell.

Just as I was going to reply, Patricia walked into the kitchen, heads first.

"Oh- am I interrupting something" she hesitated back to the door.

"No, no" Cynthia was quick to reply.

Patricia smiled at her then set her eyes at me. I didn't want to smile although I felt happiness flourish inside of me when I saw her wavy blonde hair. Her blue sea eyes and Beyonce' curves.

"Can we talk?" Patricia softly asked.

Cynthia looked at me. I nodded and she left, accidentally bumping shoulders with Patricia which I thought was meaningless.

Once Cynthia completely left, Patricia sped walked to me and whispered "you fucking told her?"

"What?" I glared at, trying to keep my eyes above her breast but god only knows when Patricia actually covers them up.

"You told her about us?"

"No! Do you think I'm that stupid?"

"Then why did she look at me that way?" I could tell she was mad. But I knew fighting was her only excuse to come talk to me.

"Okay so I told her. What now. You going to beat me?"

"No. But you can't go telling your little girlfriends about us. I don't want Wilson finding out"

"She's not my girlfriend"

"I don't care" she raised her voice "don't tell anyone else"

"I could keep quiet and not have you yell at me or I can tell everyone and have an excuse to talk to you"

Patricia's face became soft. She detached her eyes from mine and grabbed a red cup from the counter.

"Blake, guys" Cynthia yelled from outside and busted through the swing door that separated the living room and kitchen.

"Cakes ready" she gasped. Wilson trailed behind with a big smile.

"Hey babe" Patricia said walked to him. "I was just saying happy birthday to Blake"

"Good" he kissed her cheek.

"Let's go bro" he added.

I nodded and grabbed my cup behind me on the counter.

Cynthia placed her hand on my shoulder "you okay?"

I covered her hand with mine "yeah. Nothing happened. Thanks though. For taking precaution"

"You never know with that girl" she grinned.

We headed back outside to the living room where they sang happy birthday to me. Afterwards we took shots, played beer pong and chatted among each other. Wilson and Cynthia kept me the most company during the night which was good cause I would need it.