Chapter 15

Vice versa (Blake Griffin fanfiction)

Chapter 15:

Cynthia.

The time went by slow. I tried not to look at the clock but I couldn't resist. Finally, the teacher said we could get with a partner and as I walked to Kat, excited that I could finally talk to someone, Cara grabbed my arm and gestured me to sit with her. I was confused, but I wasn't going to decline her offer.

"Hey" I sat down next to her as I "eye talked" with Kat as she rolled her eyes at me for ditching her. I tried apologizing but she wouldn't make eye contact with me again.

"Hey" Cara sat with her legs wide open, starring at the class.

There wasn't much to talk about besides language arts. Which I did all the work and she just copied if she felt like it.

I wrote down the comparison between world war 1 and world 2 and asked Cara if she'd like to copy but she nodded.

"I actually invited you to sit because I wanted to tell you how blake and I's date went"

I slowly put down my notebook "oh, what happened?" I realized blake hadn't told me about the date. Mostly because he got grounded for going home late on Friday.

"He asked me to prom" she said. I wasn't sure if she was happy or not. She smiled but it didn't look sincere.

"Cool. You said yes, right?"

"Of course" she furrowed her eyebrows.

I nodded, awkwardly.

"But we also tried having sex" some heads turned to us as Cara said that me.

"Really?" I asked shocked, but not really shocked. Blake was always looking for sex.

"Yeah. He chickened out, though. He couldn't touch me without hesitation. He wasn't even turned on and I was all on him. It was deceiving."

I knew blake and I would never be anything, my chances were zero with him but I couldn't help but to smile on the inside at the news of that.

"Oh. Sorry" I lied, doodling in my notebook.

"Yeah so am I. I kinda wished I hadn't said yes to prom with him."

"Why?" I jumped.

"Because, he's just not into me"

"Oh" I couldn't have hated life more than at that moment. It was so awkward. I kept re-reading the assignment even though I already finished.

The bell rang and I was the first to jump up. I grabbed my stuff and as Cara got up she brushed my shoulder and said "yeah-oh" she gave one more mean glare and left the class. To be one of the first to get up and to be one of the last to leave really sucked. Sucks even more to have someone hate you.

At lunch blake sat with Kat and I. Kat was coming around to Blake and I was happy about that. Blake had a weird habit of always touching me when he had to explain something to me. Like at lunch, we sat side by side when he remember that his parents agreed to give him his brothers car back on Wednesday. He placed his hand on my knee and rubbed my knee as he expressed his excitement towards Wednesday. I wasn't sure how I felt. I want to remove my leg just because I felt like it'd be awkward but It wasn't. I kinda liked it. Also, that day during track practice he came up to me and wrapped his long arms around me and just "chilled" there as he talked to some of the coaches.

After the lunch we had together, I avoided blake and tried to give him and Cara as much space as possible. A couple of phone calls here and there but for the most part I didn't talk to him. I knew Cara envied me for such a strong relationship I had with Blake so I did as she desired and left them alone. And although I was doing a good job of avoiding blake: Blake wasn't doing a good job of avoiding me. After two weeks of only phone calls between us, he confronted me after track practice one day and offered to take me home. My house was only like a mile away from the high school and he knew that, so I already knew he was going to confront me about avoiding him even before he even started talking.