Chapter 9

Vice versa (Blake Griffin fanfiction)

Chapter 9:

Cynthia.

March was the beginning of beautiful days to come in Oklahoma. I looked on in the parking lot of the school waiting for Kat to return with the coffees. As I saw a girl in some running shoes exiting the track field that reminded me of track try outs next week. Blake invited me to try out with him but I was doubtful. The only sport I'd voluntarily do is basketball. Kat opened the drivers door and immediately handed me my coffee.

"Thanks" I mumbled, trying to grasp the cup.

"What's that?" She asked as she eyed my track tryout forms.

"Blake invited me to the tryouts"

She sipped her coffee "what's with you and him?" She asked. I smiled at the idea because I'd always love that question but the sad reality was nothing. Ever since the incident at the Miranda party we've only talked In biology and sometimes on the phone. I was friend zoned and okay with it because Kevin and I started talking again.

"Nothing" I shook my head "nothing"

"Okay, if you say. Are you doing track though?"

I starred at papers, thinking of the agonizing pain of running, sweating and the embarrassment ill face when I get last place on a race. But then I thought of how good my body will be in for freshmen year in college if I keep the weigh off of course. "Maybe" I replied.

Kat and I drove to the library were we studied for our social studies quiz tomorrow. Kat shortly left and I stayed behind to get more learning in. I couldn't fully concentrate due to my phone going on a vibrating marathon. Kevin wouldn't stop calling and until he irked my last nerve, I went to the bathroom and answered the phone, VERY angry.

"I texted you saying I was in the library" I said echoing in the stall.

"Yeah, I know" Kevin always said that. I could just picture his 6'2, muscular, baby face, hair pulled back image and I dreaded for him. He wasn't an athlete. Instead, Kevin was a this geeky math nerd that was in love with anything mathematics. His humor was what attracted me so much to him because other than that we didn't really have anything in common.

"I really want to see you baby" Kevin said in a low raspy voice. I loved Kevin no doubt but the biggest problem was although he wasn't athletic and "school involved", Kevin got hit on a lot by girls because he was tall, blonde slick back hair and hilarious. Kevin never got that much attention until sophomore year and he didn't know how to handle it. When we were dating he acted as if he didn't care about the attention he got but I knew he did and once I left Tulsa, he used that excuse to break up with me. The whole "I just don't think long distance relationship works for me" was a pathetic excuse he used when he really just wanted to go and mingle with other girls.

My old friends sent me pictures of him shit-faced with other girls and I did care. I won't deny it because he was my first love.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, I really really really want to see my chocolate thunder"

I put my hand over my mouth to keep my laughs quiet. He used to call me that all the time.

"I don't- I don't know Kev I'm busy with school and I'm doing track-"

"You're doing track? Cynth, the only resistance you have is in bed, okay? You cry when we have to walk to the store"

"Uh" I sighed "you're so rude Kev"

"But Aren't I you're white chocolate? He softly said.

"You're being hella cheesy now and I have to get back to my studying, okay?" I empathized on the last part.