[2] It's GOD

Arranged Marriages Never Work! Especially if your marrying a Prep!

**********************************************************************************************************************

"Ashley!" I heard my name being squawked. I groaned and slammed the pillow on my head.

"Ashle-y!" my mom yelled. I closed my eyes hoping at least some sleep would come. I was too close to snapping.

"ASHLEY!" my mom yelled again. She was now in my room.

"WHAT?!" I screamed back. I looked up and she was standing over me with a look of accomplishment on her face.

"We're having people over!! So get your butt outta bed and get moving! They'll be here in 2 hours," She said.

As she walked through the door she stopped and said, ""Please, act normal." And with that, she walked out. I groaned and put the pillow back over my head.

What the hell is the woman talking about? When did we ever have guests? I mean, we did have guests, but when did I ever have to meet them? I made more noise to show how unhappy I was and looked at the clock.

7?!?!?!?! She woke me up at 7? In the morning? On SATURDAY?! There should be a written rule saying that teenagers have to legally sleep in until at least 11 on a Saturday. I mean, it's only fair.

This better be good. I punched the pillow. What a great way to start off the day, I thought sarcastically.

I walked into my bathroom after spending 5 minutes contemplating whether or not to just fall asleep, run away, or do what I was told.

Obviously I picked the last option.

I started stripping off my clothes and took a nice, looong shower. Another unspoken rule: the shower is the best place to act, rock out, become a queen, break down crying...pretty much anything you wouldn't normally do in front of people. Once I got out, I put on a black circle skirt with a nice blue blouse from Forever 21, buttoning it all the way up.

Time for makeup, I think, as I pin my bangs off my head, and sweep concealer on under my eyes. Since I was running short on time, I only had time to do mascara and a bit of baby lips. Since my hair was still wet, I had to pull it up into a ballerina bun, bobby pinning any stray bit that stuck out.

I looked at myself in my length mirror and nodded. I looked decent, now all I have to do is not act like a crazy person running on 4 hours of sleep.

Walking downstairs, I noticed my mom and dad were both looking rather fancy. My mom had on a bright orange sundress with pearls around her neck and heels.

My dad was wearing a fancy shirt that was blue and black pants. My sister looked...well, compared to us, she looked like a bum.

Clad in just  a hoodie and a pair of really REALLY loose jeans, she stood next to my mother, yawning and nearly falling asleep on the spot.

She was only 13 and had already fallen prey to the "I really don't give a flying pancake" outlook on the world. When she saw me, she gave me a wide toothed grin.

"Hey."

"Ashley! It's nearly 9! I don't understand why it takes you so long to get ready!" she exclaimed. Well, I AM a teenage girl.

"Mom, calm down. Why are we doing this anyway? I mean, it's so EARLY-"

I was then interrupted by a knock at our front door.

Mom went into panic mode. I sighed and found a place on the couch as she nearly tackled the front door open. My dad followed her, leaving my sister and I alone.