[1] Hopeless Romantic

Arranged Marriages never work! Especially when your marrying a prep!

******************************************

Tired...so, tired. I walked out of the club with tons of perspiration covering my chest. The tight sparkly silver dress clung to my every curve as I made my way to the car. My dark brown, ombre hair was all over the place. My nearly black eyes drooping from lack of rest, my tan face exhausted, but happy.

My name is Ashley Wright and I live in Tampa, Florida. The city where you could dress like anything or anybody you wanted and still fit in with a group of people.

I walked over to my car, my beautiful black mini-van named Bessie, and turned the engine on. The bright lights that came off the dashboard indicated it was nearly 2 in the morning.

"Crap." I muttered underneath my breath. As I drove home I tried to remember what happened at the club.

*****4 hours earlier*****

A headache made its way into my head as a rather annoying song came up on the speakers. Why had I let her drag me here? Who am I talking about? My best friend, Victoria Gogh. We had known each other forever, even when I hadn't been a social pariah.

Vick was one of the most talked to girls at school even though she was only a junior at 17, like me. She somehow managed to persuade me into going to the club with her, even though today had been an excruciatingly long day.

We sat down in one of the booths and was quickly joined by a group of guys. They had barely looked at me though. They're eyes were glued to Vicky's short skirt (that was bright, neon pink) and her low cut crop top that left a hint of bare skin, leaving whatever's left to their imagination. The guys that came were all smiling and even I had to admit, their booty's looked DAMN fine. I recognized they were from school.

"Hey Vicky!" they shouted

"Hi guys." She yelled back. I sat back in my seat, gently massaging my now throbbing headache while secretly catching a glimpse of one of their sculpted, bulging arms.

I could be tired, but that's not gonna stop me from creeping at a distance. My "no boyfriend" record left me boy crazy. It's not that boys didn't approach me, it's just that I was a hopeless romantic, and couldn't help waiting for "the one."

"What's up?" one of them purred. I groaned and closed my eyes, the headache worsening as the music blared even louder.

"Hi," the same guy said, eyes quickly brushing over my face before giving me a dismissive flick of his eye before turning his attention back to Vick. He didn't even recognize me and we sit right next to each other in math! Dick.

As they talked I scooted into the corner of the booth and looked around. This place was pretty packed. I guess I got lost in my thoughts because when my phone vibrated I looked around and no one was here with me. I looked at my phone again and up popped a message.

Hey. Where are you?

I sighed. it was from Devon. I forgot to tell him. Devon was another of my friends. He had dark brown hair that swept across his face and dark brown eyes. We were just friends though and we told each other everything.

Hi. Im at a club with Vick. She left and I have a pounding headache...help!

I texted back and rubbed my aching head again just as a Jason Derulo song came on. I felt the vibration in my lap.

Well where are you? I could kidnap you and save you from a horrible fate

Im at a club calld Impulso. Im at the booth in the corner. Hurry!

I silently look around for Vick but come up with a blank. So I sit back and try to block out the dance music. When I saw a pair of clean black vans in front of me, I looked up and smiled.

"So, how's sitting in a corner and thinking of all the ways you're gonna murder Vicky going along?" Devon's semi-deep voice said.

"Just fine, thank you." I said and got up, getting ready to leave, but he shook his head. I looked at him questioningly.

"I wanna go dance. Plus, I brought you a surprise." He stepped to the side and happiness blocked out the temporary feeling of annoyance.

"RICKY!" I yelled, jumping up and hugging her. Ricky was another friend. She had left for a 2-month program in the Caribbean that she won in a stupid sweepstakes thing they had at school. After the hug, I inspected her looking for differences.

Her dark blonde hair was longer and more layered, her pretty, small face was tan and a bit red, but she was still her small, funny, cool self. We talked for awhile when in popped Victoria.

After we all exchanged hugs (and I sent a few death glares at Vick), we were led to the dance floor. We danced, we drank (Ricky and Vick drank, Devon and I were driving), and we talked.

When we got a little tired we sat down and Ricky about passed out on Devon's shoulder. He was going to take her home while Vicky got a ride with one of the dudes that came to flirt with her earlier

*****back to present*****

I pulled into my driveway eyes drooping further, feeling as though I'd pass out from exhaustion. I unlocked the front door and trudged upstairs, knowing that my family was asleep. I walked into my room, changed into shorts and a tee then fell into my bed, falling asleep.

******Like it? Hate it? Leave a comment in the bottom for some feedback. Thanks guys!************