chapter 3

(art not mine!!)

Willowpaw stretched, untwining her tail from her best friends, Ashpaw walked over to her "ready?" He asked.
"No, I've got to Wake up Tinypaw." She said. She poked Tinypaw and he opened his eyes.
"Good morning sleepy head I've got to go on patrol now, good bye." She purred.
"Oh...bye, and good morning to you too I guess..." Tinypaw mumbled, falling back to sleep.

Ashpaw and Willowpaw walked out of the den, Ashpaw cleared his throat "I think that scourge look-a-like has a crush on you."
"How so?" Willowpaw asked.
"He always looks mad when you're talking to me and every time you guys sleep he entwines his tail with yours." Ashpaw thought out loud.
"Well we entwine our tails all the time, we do it to comfort eachother. But the whole grumpy thing confuses me."
"Maybe he's been hanging out with the medicine cat, Jayfeather, to much." Ashpaw chuckled.

A big black and white Tom sat down, talking to a dark ginger she-cat with scars covering her muzzle. A cream tabby with golden eyes was talking to a cream colored Tom with a stumpy tail.

The black and white Tom stopped talking to the she-cat "oh hey Ashpaw, is that your friend you wanted to bring?" The Tom asked.

"Yes, her name's Willowpaw!" Ashpaw smiled.

"Nice to meet you Willowpaw, my name's Shadowheart, that she-cat over their is Foxstripe and her son Sandfur." Shadowheart spoke.

"And I'm Berrynose!" Berrynose smiled.

Sandfur walked over to Willowpaw "hey there, it's so cool to see someone who was my size when I was an apprentice, I mean it was only a few days ago but looks at how big I am now!" Sandfur purred. Willowpaw smiled
"Wow, you're huge, I can't wait to be your size!" She purred, Ashpaw narrowed his eyes at the two.
"Let's hope you will! I trained so hard to get to here!"
Ashpaw frowned "hey, speaking of being a warrior, what do you think your warrior name will be?" Ashpaw asked Willowpaw
"Oh I don't know, maybe Willowstripe or Willowcreek." She thought.
"Hmm, maybe Ashclaw or Ashheart for me." Ashpaw purred.
"Ashheart sounds nice." Willowpaw smiled.
Sandfur smiled at the two, he looked at his mom.

"We should get going" Shadowheart spoke.

The group set out, setting sent markers and making sure everything was going good, Sandfur smelt the air. "Fox!" He shouted, just then a fox jumped out from a bush and growled.
"How could I have missed that!" Shadowheart said, shock in his voice, the fox jumped at Ashpaw, he screamed in pain as millions of teeth dug into his lower body, he was was shook violently in the mighty Fox's teeth.

Willowpaw screamed, she just froze, she couldn't move "Ashpaw no!" She screamed "I can't m-move!" She sobbed as the warriors around her jumped at the fox, clawing and biting it, the fox finally let go of the apprentice. Willowpaw still couldn't move.

"Willowpaw come on honey!" Foxstripe meowed, Willowpaw shakily stood up and walked over to Ashpaw.

"I'm sorry I couldn't m-move, I should have saved you." Willowpaw cried. The blue cats yellow eyes opened and looked at her, he then closed them and smiled.

The group carried him quickly to Jayfeather. Jayfeather treated Ashpaws wounds. "Will he ever fight again?" Willowpaw asked, sitting by her bleeding friend, tears slowly falling from her face.

"Possibly, he only had a few deep scars." Jayfeather spoke calmly.

Willowpaw frowned and laid down, resting her head on Ashpaws back.

"What happened?" A high pitched voice spoke.

Willowpaw turned her head, her eyes dreary and filled with sorrow. "I couldn't save him." Willowpaw blinked, her voice lifeless and dead.

"Is he dead?" Tinypaw asked.

"No, but if he can't walk again he'll have to become a medicine cat." Willowpaw said emotionless "and that means...."

"You can't be mates." Tinypaw said finishing her sentence. Tinypaw faked a frown "that'd mean you'd have to find a new crush" he thought out loud.

"Yeah." She said deadly.

"Are you going to stay here?" Tinypaw asked, Willowpaw got up and stood next to Tinypaw, she looked him in his eyes.
"I know." Willowpaw looked at him "you're happy he's hurt."she spoke.
"No why would I be happy about a cat being hurt?" Tinypaw asked.
"Because you're jealous because I love him."
"What? No I'm not." Tinypaw furrowed his brows.
"You're lying, I can see it in your eyes. I've known you my whole life."
"But I'm not-"
"You love me and you're glad the Tom I love may never be able to fight again." Willowpaw growled
"I-"
"Save it Scourge, come back when you're my best friend Tinypaw." Willowpaw yowled, digging her claws into Tinypaw's paw. Tinypaw started crying and walked into the apprentice den.

Willowpaw lashed her tail and walked back towards Ashpaw, her eyes softened I shouldn't have been that hard on him... She thought. She got up at walked towards the apprentice den.

She walked inside and walked towards Tinypaw. "I'm sorry I didn't mean any of that I just...I'm so sorry." Willowpaw frowned, setting her tail on Tinypaws shoulder, he looked at her and jumped on her, tears still falling from his face.
"Sorry? You are my only friend! Almost everyone hates me and you almost left me! In both of my lives I've been called a scourge but you calling me one has been the absolute worst time I've been called one! I can't believe you! You hurt me physically and mentally! I-I can't believe you!" Tinypaw yelled. He put his paw on Willowpaws neck. Willowpaw smiled and cried
"Go on...kill me, if it helps you, do it. End my life, if I can't have Ashpaw I'd rather die anyway." Willowpaw sobbed.
Tinypaw frowned "Shut up about him already!" He growled.
"Kill me." Willowpaw smiled.
Tinypaw frowned and got up off of her. The two sat up and cried in eachothers arms.
"You'll always be my favorite person Tinypaw, no one could ever replace you." Willowpaw cried.
"Please, when I become leader, become my deputy." He cried.
"I'd never leave your side." Willowpaw smiled and nuzzled him.