Chapter 1

Just an FYI in this story the Bakers lived in Crestmont all their lives.
Chapter 1
<><><><><><><><><><>

My first day in Crestmont was a weird one.

I was moving in with my cousin Hannah. The Bakers were close family with my parents. They spoke all of the time about me and Hannah to the other respective families. My dad and Hannah's dad were related.

I felt a little out of place being in a town like this. I was used to the big city life of New York.

We used to live here though when I was younger. We moved when I was ten. I remembered all my friends with fond memories.

My name's Bella by the way, Isabella Caliopy Shay is my full name, but it sounded a little too uppity for my taste. I suppose that I was in a lot of ways. I had simple values. I came from a church going family. I was raised with well manors. Something you didn't see a lot in the world these days.

I was settling in nicely to my new room, when a knock came at my bedroom door. "Hey girly girl? How are you settling in?" Hannah smiled at me.

"Good I think. I have no idea what I'm going to do for school tomorrow. I'm probably going to be the weird new girl that everyone stares at and makes rumours up about" I laughed back, in a cold attempt to lighten the situation.

"Well I know all about that" Hannah mumbled back. Something sounded like it was up. Before I could ask her about anything I got, "Well I'm gonna go read in my room. I'll see you later for dinner" she smiled at me, leaving my room without another word.

I unpacked slowly after that with some Weeknd playing quietly in the background. I smiled at the sentimental pictures as I set them up. I put some posters up on the wall. I made it as homely as possible.

I guess that I must have let time slip away from me. Another knock came at my door and Hannah popped her head around.

"It's time for dinner" she announced. She took in the sight of my room with a smile. "Wow, you set this up quickly" she giggled.

"I did" I laughed back victoriously. I hopped up and walked to the door. "I'm thinking victory ice cream after dinner?" I suggested with an evil smile.

"I like the way you think girly" she laughed. I followed her out into the dining room. We were the type of family that liked to have sit down dinners and talk about our days.

The Bakers were all sat down to a lovely meal.

"How was your first day in Crestmont, Bella?" Uncle Andrew asked me, while passing me a plate with food on.

"Well my room's looking more me now" I smiled back.

"A girl's room has to be there own, just no boys" Aunt Olivia smirked at me. She was always the cool aunt growing up. I wasn't the type of girl to be having boys in my room, I had been brought up with some pretty strict values. The whole marriage before...yeah.

"There's no boys" I laughed awkwardly.

"Really? I remember there being a Justin that you went to school with when you were living here last time" Aunt Olivia laughed. "I remember lending you a white tee-shirt that you could make into a wedding dress for your play weddings" she reminisced.

I remember a goofy smile on a small boy who wore a sweatshirt two times too big for him. The little blue tricycle he used to ride over to my house.

I noticed that Hannah was staying silent. She wasn't someone who was quiet. She was looking down at the table, pale as a sheet.

"You okay Hannah?" I questioned her quietly.

The Bakers were having a conversation among themselves about their store. So me and Hannah could talk things through.

Something was weird with her. She had been different since I had come back. She cut her hair short, she was a little more distant and she looked like she was about to have a panic attack at the sound of certain people's names.

"Yeah, I'm fine" she vocalized quietly. She looked up and smiled at me sadly. "Can't wait for ice cream though".

<><><><><><><><><><>

78 likes@HannahLive: Ice cream with my best girl

78 likes
@HannahLive: Ice cream with my best girl. Can't wait for my cousin to start at #LibertyHigh soon. Love you @BellaShay

@User1: 🔥

@Montgomery: Damn baby girl 🔥🔥🔥🔥

@ClayJensen: Where was my invite? Wait?? What???

@CrimsonCourt: 😍 Such a pretty girl.

@Ry_Shaver: My fucking God Courtney, she's been here five minutes. You should fucking listen to yourself sometime 😒 @CrimsonCourt

@User2: Slay 😭

@HannahLive: Next time Helmet 😝 @ClayJensen

@JessDavis: @HannahLive @BellaShay both such pretty girls 😱😱

@HannahLive: says you, model @JessDavis

@BryceMoney: I'd show you a 🔥 time anytime, ANYWHERE

@JessDavis: Bryce she's been here all of two minutes, stop being a creep @BryceMoney

@BellaShay: aw thanks @JessDavis @CrimsonCourt @Montgomery

@Sherixxx: Can't wait to meet you at school xxx @BellaShay

@BellaShay: You too @Sherixxx

@A_Standall: Day one on planet Crestmont and you're already shutting down Instagram. #Slay.

@BellaShay: hahaha thank you @A_Standall

@JessDavis: hahahaha no fuck bois allowed 🚫@A_Standall

@HannahLive: 🙊

@Sherixxx 🙊

@Montgomery: 🙊

@ZDempsy: 🙊

@Crimson_Court: 🙊

@Ry_Shaver: Fuck off Courtney