17. Water Broke...

Caleb has kept himself busy in the office since the unexpected meeting with Rhea at the Steven's Mall. It has bothered him how her words affected him and how close she is with his cousin Nik. I should stop thinking about her and her pregnancy, Caleb thought to himself.

Caleb is in his trance of thought while walking around in his building not noticing his parents coming near him.

"Caleb!", Adara called. She knows that her son is not paying attention on his surrounding.

Caleb looked around when he heard someone called him and smiled when he found out who it was. "Mitera, how are you?" Caleb asked and kissed his mother on her cheek.

"I have been doing well, same with your patera and giagia."

"Mitera, what brings you here?"

"Nothing really, I just missed your and worried about you since the accident."

"I have been fine since I got out of the hospital. It is just my memory hasn't come back yet."

"Ohh..."

"You look sad that I haven't gotten my memory back. What is going on? It has been a few weeks now and everyone has been really hush hush around me, even here at work." Caleb said to his mum with one of his eyebrow up.

"Nothing really. It is just you have forgotten some good memories in the last year or so. Some big news and some not too good. But I guess only time can tell when you memory will be back. As the doctor's said it is not good to push it." Adara said and added with a stern voice, "Anyway, what is going on with you and Camille? I hope that this getting back with her business is not true." 

Caleb laugh and said, "Mitera, you are the one that told me you want me to settle down. So, I am formally announcing our engagement tomorrow at the annual Theakis Foundation Ball."

"YOU WILL WHAT?!" Adara yelled.

"Mitera, lower your voice down. You are the only one knows about that plan." Caleb told her in a hush voice.

Adara calm herself down and told Caleb, "If that is what you want to do, I guess we just have to support you. But, do you even love Camille? or you are doing this for the company?"

Caleb looked at his mother and about to say something when a flashback came to him. It was at his apartment with this pregnant lady and they are talking about something and they are both holding her pregnant stomach. Rhea...

"Caleb.. Caleb.. are you alright?" Adara asked.

Caleb came out of the flashback and looked at her mother then smile at her, "Yes, I am. I just feel tired all of the sudden." Caleb avoided answering his mother's question.

"Ohh.. Ok then, I will leave you alone and see your Patera in his office. you should go home and rest." Adara said and kissed his cheeks and left.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   In Patera's Office

"He has lost his mind!" Adara yelled to his husband after closing his office door.

"What the hell? Who are you talking about?" Calisto asked his wife.

"Your son, who else? Did you know that he will announce his engagement to Camille tomorrow at the Ball?" Adara said seething with anger.

Calisto was about to answer but another voice butted in the conversation.

"He what?!" another voice said.