12. Punishment

Camille walked in her father's office crying.

"Camille, what is wrong? Did you and Caleb had a fight again?" Rupert (Camille's father) asked her.

"Dad, it's true. The news about Caleb being married to a pregnant lady. It's all true." I told him.

"Caleb won't do that, honey."

"He already did!" I yelled at him.

My father looked at me like I lost my mind. He can't believe that it's true. You see, my father really like Caleb and treats him like his own son. My father then walked to his desk and use the phone.

"Mari, is Caleb in his office today?" father asked on the phone.

I sat on the chair and let my father deal with it. He will make everything back to what it was before. Caleb is mine and mine alone.

I heard dad put the phone back on its cradle and look at him.

"He is not in the office at the moment. There was a family emergency that he has to leave the office." Dad voiced. "I will have a talk to him about this rumours." Dad then look at me intently and said, "Don't you dare do anything stupid."

"I won't." I answered him. Well he does not need to know about that little incident earlier.

****************

"Good morning"

I woke up to the loud greeting. "Mum, please not too loud. Rhea still needs her rest." I told her. I walk her back outside the room. I did not really want to leave Rhea alone just in case she woke up alone. I closed the door slightly and put my back on it so that I can hear her in case she woke up and called out. I saw Yia yia and Pateras as well.

"Ooops. Sorry. I am just excited to see her and the babies." She told me with a big smile on her face.

"You do know that she did not gave birth last night. You can't see the babies yet. Not in another 3 months." I whispered to her.

"I know that! I am not imbecile. I can count how many months Rhea is." Mum told me with a little hurt tone in her voice.

"Caleb, you better say sorry to your mother. She was worried sick of Rhea and the babies as well." Father told me.

*Sigh* "Sorry mum. I did not meant to be disrespectful. I am just too tense and worried since the accident. I still need to talk to Rupert about this." *Sigh*

"That is one big sigh, Caleb. Is everything alright there?" I heard my wife ask. I peak in the room and saw her sitting up in the bed. She now have colour in her face, unlike her white ghost pale face yesterday. I smiled to her, "I'll be with you in a minute after I send the cavalry home."

"I am not going home without seeing her." A voice from the other side of the door said. And it sound like Adara.

"Me too. Not going anywhere. We will camp here if we need to." said another voice which I could totally say that it is Alena. If Adara is here, Alena is here as well. They are always together. I chuckle to myself.

"Just let them in Caleb. They are not going anywhere. You know how hard headed Adara and Alena are." I told him and chuckle loudly this time.

The door open wide. Adara and Alena came in and both said at the same time, "We are not hot headed. We are worried mother/ grandmother." I just smiled at them.

"Thank you but do not fret over me. I am getting better and so does the twins. I can feel them getting restless and hungry because I suddenly became hungry. Is breakfast here yet?" I asked them.

Calisto who is quiet behind the 3 spoke. "Breakfast is not here yet but I have food with me." He held a bag on the sir.

"Pateras, you are god-send to me. Please bring the bag with food in here so that me and your grand babies can eat. Let the man in Caleb he's got our food." Calisto laugh and walk over to me. He opened the bag and the smell of food is so good my mouth is watering.

"Thank you. I will be enjoying this."

"Rhea, do not eat too quick. You do not want to upset your stomach and vomit." Caleb voiced with concern in his voice.

"Mother and I was the one who thought to bring you and Caleb food and packed them. Calisto just carried the bag. We should be treated like god-send to." Adara said with a pout on her face.

I started laughing at her. "Thank you, Mitera and Yia yia." I voiced after I stop laughing.

I take out the containers from the bag and held one to Caleb. I can see that he is worrying about something. "Are you alright, Caleb? I can see that you are worrying about something."

"I am alright. I am just thinking about Rupert. I need to talk to him soon about us." He said like he is dreading the talk. I can see that Calisto, Adara and Alena went quiet.

"I can talk to him if you want." Calisto said to Caleb.

"Who is Rupert?"

"Camille's father." Adara answered. This Camille problem is not gonna go away easy, isn't it? I thought to myself.