THE LIGHTHOUSE

THE LIGHTHOUSE

   (Byron told people later that the night he spent in the Crusher was one of the most amazing experiences of his life. He was terrified, of course, but as the massive weight was falling, that same feeling came over him as when he was falling down the cliff. And, when the Crusher landed, it was exactly like when he landed on his feet at the bottom of the cliff. Then, he would say that he had one of the most restful night’s sleep that he ever had.)

   As morning dawned, Byron awoke and began to feel a new sensation in his body. Similar to the transformation feeling, but in addition, he also felt something coming out of him. Starting at the mortar where Byron lay, the entire Crusher machine began to sparkle and creak and crack.

   Byron easily pushed the massive weight off of himself and he watched as it ascended back to the top and became round, like a huge orb, and started to glow brightly. Then, as he began to walk around, stones formed at the bottom of his feet with every step. Around and around he walked and formed a tower as he proceeded. All of the parts of the Crusher were changing and coming together to form a glorious Lighthouse. It was a most beautiful Lighthouse resting on top of a magnificent base house at the bottom with a brilliant shining lamp at the top.

   Byron was exhilarated when it was finished. He stood at the railing at the top and watched the morning light dispel the last vestiges of darkness from the night.

   As Byron stood there looking out at the beautiful landscape, which seemed as though it were being painted right before his eyes, he felt a tingling sensation at his right thigh. So, he looked down and saw something moving in the cloak, which he soon observed to be the first orb. It floated out of the pocket and hovered still at arm’s length in front of his chest.

   Byron instinctively reached his right hand out to touch it and, just as he was about to make contact with it, it quickly darted to the right in an orbit around his body, sending a wake of sparkling particles behind it and making the sound of tinkling chimes. After it had traveled full circle, it quickly embedded itself solidly into Byron’s outstretched right palm.

   Embedded is exactly the best word because Byron turned his palm toward him and saw that the orb had become an irremovable part of his body. Then, he began to experience a slight bit of pain and a tightening sensation in his hand and wrist, so he turned his palm toward him and was amazed to see that a tattoo-like drawing was appearing. But, it was more dimensional than a mere tattoo and it had movement, like animation. An image of the Lighthouse began to appear, with the orb becoming its lamp. Byron’s outstretched fingers were like shafts of light coming out from the lamp, and the tower worked its way down toward his wrist, with the base house right below his wrist joint.

   When the process seemed to be complete, Byron raised his arm up and turned it over and around and explored this new feature of his body. He discovered that the orb now also acted as a light. He could turn it on and off as easily as he could open and close a fist.