::

She looked down at the mask in her hand. It was old and cracked, most of it was missing and the blood stains were clear. She had found it beside Obito's body, broken and discarded. Just like he was.

'Who is he?'

But she had a strange feeling that she already knew.

"Haruki."

She looked back, placing the mask down gently before walking away. With the door shut behind her, she walked through her little cottage. She found Obito leaning against the door frame of his room, heaving.

"Obito-san." She walked forward. "You shouldn't be moving."

She guided him back to the bed, which he collapsed onto with a sigh. She pulled the sheets over him before walking over to the corner of the room, beginning to fiddle with her medical equipment.

"Are you a medic?" He asked after awhile, growing tired of the silence. She merely shrugged. "I dabble... but I wouldn't call myself a medic. No."

Obito looked up as she walked over to him, tea in hand. "Here, this will help sooth the pain." When she walked off again, he took a sip before placing the mug down.

"For someone who claims to not be a medic, you sure know a lot about medicine." He remarked, studying her movements carefully.

Now that he was more awake than before, he could properly make out her appearance. She was actually rather short, with a slim physique and the way she moved, made it seem she was a lot faster than she let off. Her hair colour was the most unusual he had ever seen.

There were a few blue-haired people in the world, but none like hers. It was a strange mix of dark blue and green. The only way to describe it is the ocean after a storm.

Her eyes, so bright and bold, the green greatly contrasting with her hair. And her attire, it looked like a vomit of colours — so many shades of green.

Then, he saw a katana and instantly tensed.

Was that there before? Or is it new? Did he just not notice it until now?

"Where are you from, Obito-san?" Haruki turned back with a smile. "If you don't mind me asking?"

"Takigakure." Came his immediate response.

"Takigakure huh." She mused. "Lovely little village that place is."

"You've been there?"

She shrugged, "Once or twice."

Returning to whatever she was doing, Obito returned to studying her. Her hands were calloused, covered in many blisters and cuts, which would mean she has had a long past of kenjutsu — which explains the katana.

Although, now that he looked at it, it seemed more like a tanto. A lot shorter and the sheath made it seem curved. And she had a long kunai pouch, not tied to her thigh but rather her lower back. Which meant she probably carried senbon or shuriken, rather than the traditional kunai.

"Obito-san have you seen a brown travelling cloak, it looks kinda old?" She asked, looking around the room.

"No."

"Rats, I must have dropped in when I was healing you." She checked in the weirdest place — including under his bed.

"Ah, here it is!"

She emerged from under the bed with the cloak in hand, smiling sweetly. "Thanks for the help anyway."

"I didn't help." He told her dryly. She didn't seemed bothered, strapping on her cloak and fixing her katana into its sheath.

"Where are you going?" He couldn't help but ask.

She looked up and smiled. "I've got a mission, off to meet Katsuko-san...and I gotta pick up that milk." She seemed to mutter that last part to herself.

"Katsuko?" Obito repeated.

"Katsuko-san is my information broker. She's got another mission for me." She explained.

"Mission? I thought you said you weren't a shinobi."

She simply smiled. "I'm not a shinobi. I'm a bounty hunter."

'Bounty hunter? She doesn't look like one..'

Bounty hunters were a rare thing nowadays, most affiliated with a village as it was too hard to make it out in the world alone. But this woman didn't seemed to be affiliated with anyone, just a lone wanderer.

Which may explain why she didn't recognise him.

"Before you leave, Haruki." He didn't bother with honorifics. "Where is it your from?"

She glanced over her shoulder with a smile, winking — "It's a secret." — before scampering out the room.

Once again, Obito was left alone.