8: "I would never do that to you."

Bella's POV:

I skipped down the stairs happily, hopping into the living room. This was one of my biggest dreams, living completely ALONE for 3 days with no annoying and over-protective parents. Plus, I could leave and go wherever I want, without having to come up with an excuse. I sent a quick text to my mom saying I was alright and that I was going to head to Liz's to watch a movie.

I slipped my phone in the back of my shorts as I jogged to my car, starting it and pulling out of the driveway. I couldn't wait to see Justin. Something about him made me feel special, happy, and ironically, safe.

Justin's POV:

My eyes blurred as I slowly opened them, groaning as the sunlight blinded me through the windows. I slowly stood up, walking into the bathroom to wash off, sliding on some sweatpants with a muscle tank.

I jogged downstairs, spotting John lying on the couch, looking through his phone. Once he spotted me, he gave me a look. "What?" I rasped. "Sorry about last night, I didn't mean to get you all worked up... I mean you don't have to hide the fact that you like her—" "Oh just fuck off already John, my feelings are personal. I'm not gonna share them with you because—"

"Because of the past, right?" he interrupted as he raised an eyebrow. I licked my lips, staring at the floor, knowing what he was talking about. "Look I know Alexa meant a lot to you but—" "Don't you fucking bring her up." I growled, my head boiling with anger.

John shook his head slowly, sighing before turning back to me. "You need to learn how to control yourself—" "SHUT THE HELL UP!" I barked, feeling the veins pop out of my forehead. "If I were you, I'd shut that mouth of yours or I will choke you until you'll be begging me for your life..." I snarled, clenching my teeth as I walked to the fridge.

Not too later, I heard a soft knock on the door, groaning as I jogged to the door as I flung the door open. My eyes landed on the gorgeous girl, standing there with a sweet little innocent smile on her face. I just wanted to kiss her right there, but I didn't want John or the other guys to figure out that their assumptions were correct.

"Hey." she giggled while pacing back and forth on her feet as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear while glancing at my fully exposed upper arm. She was so freaking adorable. "Hey there. W—what are you doing here—" I began. "I just wanted to visit and see how you were doing." she smiled, slightly shrugging.

Then she batted her eyelashes flirtatiously, as she slowly inched closer to me, placing her hand on my chest. "Since, my parents are gonna be out of town for three days." she wiggled her eyebrows. I bit my lip from laughing and instead smirked at her. "Justin who's at the door—Bella?" Matt slowly made his way to the door, giving me a look before turning back to her. "What's up?" he asked, crossing his arms over his chest in confusion.

"Oh I—" she started, while giving me a look. "Well come in, make yourself at home kid." he declared, motioning her to follow him into the living room. She raised an eyebrow at me but I just shrugged, not knowing why Matt was being all nice to her.

"Bella?" John raised an eyebrow as he spotted her, soon quickly turning to me while slightly smirking. Nodding his head as he understood why she was here, he turned back to Bella and insisted for her to take a seat. "Orange juice or lemonade?" Adam questioned Bella, raising the bottles and shaking them violently. "Uh—lemonade I guess, thank you." she replied shyly.

I ran my hands through my hair, tugging at the ends, not knowing how to start a conversation. I finally cleared my throat before speaking. "So..." "Wait are you and Bella dating?" Matt blurted as they all waited for an answer. Bella's face turned bright red, trying to avoid all awkward eye contact. "Are you fucking kidding me Matt—" I snapped, but Bella soon cut me off.

"Justin it's fine...and um, yeah I guess we kinda are?" she shrugged while turning back to face me for clarification. I gave her a slight smile, letting her know that she was correct. "Oh wow, well that escalated quickly. I didn't think you'd start up again after—never mind." Adam started, soon quickly stopping himself before finishing his statement. I held my breath, praying that Bella wasn't going to question him.

"After what?" Bella furrowed her eyebrows, an expression full of worry soon flashing her face. "Shit." I cursed under my breath. If she wasn't here right now, I would've beat Adam to death. "We're gonna head upstairs..." John started as he began to get up, motioning Matt and Adam to come along. As they all walked out of the room, Adam mouthed the words "I'm sorry" before disappearing up the stairs.

"Justin what is it? You can tell me." she assured before standing up and walking up to me while grabbing my hand in hers. "What happened?" she whispered. I sighed, soon giving in as I explained to her what happened.

"I um, I fell in love before." I started but immediately saw Bella's face fall apart. "Her name was Alexa, and we were so in love. We did everything together, we were always there for each other, and we never got tired of each other. I felt this strong connection and I thought it was never going to break." I sighed before continuing.

"But I was wrong. We began to drift off because of my business, and I started seeing her less. It made me feel sad and alone, worthless. But what really topped that was seeing her in bed with one of the gang members of this gang we were competing with. It felt like my whole world pretty much ended, and I mentally fell apart. She was the only one who could keep me sane, and without her I've turned more into a monster day by day."

"It's been two years since I last saw her, and she hasn't called ever since." I finished, watching Bella's face grow pale, full of shock and worry. A tear slid down her cheek as she wrapped her arms around me. "Justin I—I'm so sorry." she choked. "Shhhh it's okay I'm over it now—" "Oh my god no, that's terrible." she breathed. "You're not a monster Justin, don't say that." she croaked as her arms tightened around me. "I would never do that to you." she whispered.