eighteen • finally collide

~new year's eve,
ten in the evening~

•DIING DONGG•

danielle rushed to the door, expecting the guy she was...expecting.

he was standing there on the porch, glancing up the sky, as it was alreadg lit by fireworks.

she stared at him for a while, looking at him, the more she looked at him, the more she fell in love.

"hey."
she said making him look.

he turned back and he gave a bone-melting snile. gosh, how could he just stand there and look so, perfect? she thought.

"oh, hi."
gerard replied.

"do you wanna come in?"
she asked. actually, it was a mistake to ask him, because she didn't want her parents to see them together. they would even tease her when she would talk to him across the window.

"i'm ok here. i just, wanna ask you something."

they both stood there, silent. it was beginning to be awkward, so gerard spoke up.

"you wanna go to the park? we can talk more there."

"sure. let me just get my sweater."

"you don't need to. you can borrow mine."
he said, while taking off his sweater.

"oh, um, thanks then."

"no problem."
he said and smiled at her.

"oh fuck. it's that smile again."
she thought.

maybe that was one of the reasons she fell in love with him, twice. that killer smile, gosh one look at that, and her knees woould melt.

as they walked to the park, she inhaled the scent of the sweater.

"oh my gosh, he smells so good!"

she smiled at the thought. as she was busy enjoying the scent, he was amused at the sight of her sniffing his sweater.

"you know, if you liked the sweater, you could just have it."
he said, with an amused look on his face.

danielle's face was pure red from embarrasment, as he caught her smelling and enjoying the scent.

on the other hand, she was happy. she could have the sweater. not only it was his', but it was really her kind of sweaters.

when they reached the park, gerard led danielle up a tree, far from the park. she was surprised, she thought that they were just going to sit on the bench, and talk.

she was led up to a treehouse, which overlooked the city on one side, and the village on the other side.

they both sat down on the side which looked over the city. there were still fireworks, and the view was breathtaking.

"what were you gonna ask awhile ago?"

"oh right. so um, me and my friends are going on a road trip, and I was wondering if you want to come along? you can invite some of your friends too."

"uhh, i'm not rea-"
danielle didn't finish her sentence, instead was cut by a kiss from gerard.

this was new, gerard now kissing her in such random times.

but she responded to his kiss, entering a lip lock.

oxygen now became a problem, so danielle first parted.

"since we were interupted from almost kissing awhile ago, this is it."
he said after the kiss.

"you could've saved it for later, you know."
she said, while looking at the city view.

" oh come on, you could just get another one later."

"but, i'm still gonna say no to the road trip."

~

"10!"
a crowd shouted, which startled danielle. the both of them didn't notice, since they were so engaged in their kiss.

"9!"
later was now.

"8!"
the both of them stood up, looking at each other.

"7!"
she looked into his eyes, other than his chocolate colored eyes, and as if it was the gateway to his soul.

"6!"
now he looked into her eyes, those beautifully colored eyes, and the reason he fell in love with him.

"5!"
now he was getting closer and closer to her, until their distance was close enough.

"4!"
he pulled her body onto his, until her body collided into his, putting his hand on her waist.

"3!"
"happy new year, to us, and i love you, so, so, much."
he said, while leaning in.

"2!"
she was silent for awhile, until she finally spoke up.

"1!"
"happy new year to you too, and i love you too."
she closed the space between them, and their lips connected.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR ! !"

and by that time fireworks were all around them, and a new year was beggining for them.

~

woo long chapter!

hallelujah 😇