Day 14 pt. 1

Day 14 pt. 1

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE & COMMENT!!!

*******

---If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.---

- 1 Corinthians 12:26

*******

Roan Residence

Raika's Room

August 14, 2017; Monday

4:00 A.M.

-

As soon as her alarm went ringing, agad na bumangon si Raika, kahit na ayaw pa niyang bumangon na ganito kaaga sa umaga, kailangan eh dahil sa rason na isa siya sa mga organizer sa event na mangyayari ngayong araw.

"Ugh. Bakit ba ako sinali sa committee?" hay, bakit nga naman ang siyang pinakatamad ang laging pinag-aakalaang masipag.

Raika raised her hand and combed through her messy and curly long black hair. She then stood up and went to her bathroom to freshen up.

"Raika? You woke up so early?" Adonis asked seeing Raika's petite figure walking down the stairs. Kahit na bagong ligo pa lang and dalaga, halatang inaantok pa rin ito.

Raika blinked as if chasing away her drowsiness and looked up to see Adonis holding a cup of water still in his sleepwear consisting of a white shirt and gray sweatpants.

Raika yawned. "Yep. Ngayon ang start ng Linggo ng Wika so I have to go to school early with the other committee members to prepare for the event."

Adonis nodded. He then watched as Raika walked sluggishly towards the kitchen. She opened the refregerator at kumuha ng ilang itlog. Pagkatapos ay binuksan niya ang isa sa mga cabinet at kumuha ng frying pan at agad na ipinatong ito sa stove na nak-on. She poured cooking oil on the pan, obviously intending to make sunny-side-ups.

He sighed at binuksan ang top shelf ng ref at kinuha ang lalagyan ng bacon strips. Kumuha rin siya ng isa pang frying pan at ipinatong ito sa isa pang stove.

Raika looked up to the tall young man and couldn't stop herself from smiling.

The both of them worked in tandem as they both made breakfast together, it was surprisingly harmonious.

"So, the things that are going to happen today is firstly, a welcoming ceremony of the guests, the singing of the national anthem, an opening speech by one of the school's administrators, then comes your turn in singing a special number followed by a similar singing contest. And since you were the winner the last time, you get to be one of the judges." Adonis summarized just as they finished breakfast. "If so, judging from the time those things would be over, the event would only last half a day."

Raika nodded, drinking water. "Nope. That's just basically the morning event but there's still the poster making and painting event happening on the afternoon so even though the grand part is over the entire event still isn't."

Adonis looked down thinking in silence and sighed. "Today would probably be extremely busy."

Raika grinned ruefully. "Yep. You said it. For all the years I've been in the Academy, this event is one of the most tiring."

Adonis grinned, knowing that was the case.