Chapter Four

LAUREN

          It looks like Dex has a lot on his mind, but I know he's going to wait to say something. I listen to Liberty's feet echoing up the stairs and down the hallway. Looking over at Dex, I see he looks mad at himself or arguing in his head. His eyes are staring at the mirror in deep concentration. In fact, he's looking at it so intently that I would be surprised the mirror hadn't broken if the mirror was breakable. I sigh. This is going to take longer than I thought.

I go to sit down at the table and look at the mail. Might as well do something productive rather than waste my time. Everything seems to be in order; I have some bills, advertisements, magazines, etc. I'm looking through all my mail when I see a bright red envelope. It's addressed to Lauren Nicoleson; Nicoleson is my maiden name, my last name before I was married. Because my late husband, Brent's, (his original name being Venom) last name was Fate. How is this possible? No one knows my original last name. Except- No! I won't allow myself to think he is still alive.
Thankfully before I can think even more about this topic, Dex speaks.

He takes a deep breath, "I- I saw Liberty in the mirror." He looks back at the mirror.

That's not possible though. I think. The legend of the mirror prison is this:

Long, long ago, there was a beautiful queen named Hope. She ruled the Stars of the sky with wisdom and kindness. But not everyone loved her. She had a vengeful sister who hated her; she believed in her heart that she was the true queen and her sister had stolen the crown. The Stars loved both of them equally, but they held more respect for their queen, Hope. Because they are Stars and part of the royal bloodline, they are known as the most beautiful and brightest Stars. She had no one by her side to rule with her and this angered some of the Stars, for she needed an Heir.

They gave her one chance to find someone suitable to rule by her side. She set out on a journey to find someone— and she did. The Stars approved of him because of his reputation and wealth and power. But Queen Hope did not like him. She had a special ability that no one knew about— she had the ability to read someone's heart. In reading his heart she learned that he was the exact opposite person on the inside. He was going to kill her once he married her and start an uprising.

He would rule with her younger sister, Justice, and take over the world. Knowing all of his plans, she fled the land. While she was gone, Malice was able to marry Justice and together they took over the stars. Queen Hope became the Lost Queen and was never found. It is said that she found True Love on Earth, but Malice banished him to a prison made of mirrors. This was a place where he could see everything happening to his True Love, Hope and only Hope. The last battle was a battle between Queen Hope and Lord Malice. Lord Malice had many Stars on his side; he had the majority, and she had the minority. It is said that before Queen Hope died, with her last breath she made Mirror Prison more of a luxury for her one True Love. When Queen Hope died, all humanity was lost.

Lord Malice and Princess Justice ruled over the Stars and trained them for the battle between Earth and the Galaxy. They even have an heir named Treachery to take over their plans if something happens. Queen Hope's True Love, Hunter is still in Mirror Prison and takes care of their daughter. This is the prophecy of Mirror Prison: Only when the true Heir is on the throne, will the balance between Earth and the galaxy be restored. She will be imprisoned in the Mirror and will rise to power when and only her True Love rescues her.

I know only your one True Love will be able to rescue you from the mirror, but the Heir can rescue anyone. We just have to wait until this person shows herself. Poor Freedom is involved in this. She is half Star and Warrior. Because she is a warrior, she is to be in the battle between the Galaxy and Earth and lead it. Her Star side gives her a little power that amplifies her warrior abilities.