Chapter 6

"No!" Nat dropped her gun and ran forward, Clint at her heels.

Thea landed on the building next to the diner, which was just low enough not to be seen by the agents above, and rolled into a crouching position. You would think by looking at her, she had been doing this her whole life. She slipped down the pipeline on the side of the building, exiting in an alley way and sending a wave up to the female agent.

"Damnit!" Natasha turned and stormed past Clint and down the fire escape. Mumbling about the pesky woman as Clint smirked.

"She's good!"

"Shut it, Barton."

***
"You've got to be joking..." Thea glared at her landlord with her hands placed on her hips. "Eviction? Seriously, you know I have nowhere else to go!"

"Sorry Sweets," the redhead blew a ring of smoke from her lips and into Thea's face, "Rules are rules. And you're a week late if rent." She turned and wobbled away in her heels. Thea grounded and slammed the door to her apartment, sliding down the inside and putting her head in her hands.

"Oh you don't have an apartment anymore? Looks like someone needs a place to stay." Thea shrieked and jumped up, pushing herself against the door.

"How... I didn't even hear you-"

"You need to come with us." Steve crossed his hands in front of him. He was standing right inside the window next to her couch in his uniform.

"No," She shook her head viciously before turning to walk into her bedroom,

"We need you. Your skills!" Thea spun around on her heel.

"I will not join your little band of Misfits, Captain. Look somewhere else. I just want to live my life normally without all of this crap. I don't even know how I got these 'skills'!"

"We can help you find out. Bruce, he can find out. Please, Thea, let us help." He inched closer to her. Pleading. She looked away and bit her lip.

"Will it give me a place to stay?"

"Of course."

"Then yes. Only until I can figure out what's wrong with me and how to fix it."

***

"You can stay in here. The room has its own bathroom and Natasha is right next door. I can introduce you to everyone during dinner. That is, if you'll
Join us Misfits?" Thea nodded and looked around the dimly lit room. "Great. I'll send Vision up when it's ready. Go ahead and get settled," he placed her suitcases on the floor by the door and left.

"Captain?" He peeked his head around the corner.

"Yes Ma'am?"

"Thank you."

****

"Miss Grace, Mr. Rogers sent me to retrieve you." Thea cracked open the door and her eyes widened. In front of her was a man with.....purple skin?
"Miss?"
Thea cleared her throat.

"Right, uh, thank you." She followed him down the wide hallway with photos lining the wall. She stopped at a specific photo and frowned, a deep crease in her brow. "Who is that?" She asked Vision. He stoped walking and joined her.

"From what I have gathered from Mr. Stark, that is his younger sister, Della Stark. She went missing many years ago." Thea raised a hand up to the photograph, lightly touching the girl's face.

"She looks like me," she muttered.

"She does, doesn't she?" Vision and Thea turned around, Tony was leading against the wall a little farther down the hallway. "She acted just like you do too, pain in the ass, smart mouth." He chewed his bottom lip, looking down at his feet. Suddenly, he looked up, a softer look in his eye than their first interaction. "Dinner's ready."