Chapter 3

"It appears that her muscle durability and cell replication process has been largely enhanced, which explains how quickly she was running and how quickly her hands healed. I'm also noticing her blood looks to have been cut with something so I have to run a few tests on that," Dr. Banner stood next to Thea's cot, talking to Steve. The Captain was listening intently to every word.

"Thank you, Bruce. I'm just...worried." Bruce nodded.

"I understand," he glanced up at the man only to see him staring down at Thea's sleeping form. "I'll go run those tests."

**

When Thea woke up for the second time, the room was dark and much cooler than it already was. She was a little more relaxed than before, until she tried to run her shaking hand through her messy hair, only to find her arms pinned to the bed with leather restraints by the wrists. Once again, panic surged through her body as images of the metal table and lights flashed through her mind. Thea pulled against the restraints and gasped for air. The annoying bleep of a heart monitor sped up as she panicked more. Finally, with a final shout, she ripped the belts from her arms and legs, pulled the IV and monitor wires from her chest. Energy was coursing though her veins as she pulled the hospital gown from her body and shoved on her workout pants and top before grabbing her shoes and running into the hallway.

"Hey!" She was face to face with a middle aged man, about her age or so, with dark hair and eyes. His lower face was covered with a scruffy beard. Tony Stark. He jogged towards her, "You shouldn't be out here."
Thea turned back quickly and ran the opposite direction. "Cap, she's a runner."

There was a door at the end of the hallway, blocking her path.

Rooftop

Thea was praying the door was unlocked and shoved her shoulder forward just as Tony yelled out.

"FRIDAY, Lock the H-Level door! Damnit!" She had made it through.

Thea was a solid floor away from the rooftop when she was interrupted. Steve was standing there by a closed door, shield in hand, next to James Barnes of the 107th. Thea stopped suddenly, hearing Tony, several floors below, huffing as he ran. Then she frowned, "how is my hearing so great?"

"Ma'am, please. We just want to talk," Steve reached forward slightly but she pulled away, inspecting the area for an escape route. Thea caught sight of the large glass wall on the west side of the stairwell and moved her head to look at Barnes.

"Steve, the window." He warned. Thea shoved the Super Soldier into a wall, denting it slightly, and ran toward the window, only to be blocked by the Winter Soldier. "Sorry, Doll," he smirked. She growled lowly and took a swing toward his face, narrowly missing him as he dodged. She swung again, her arm being grabbed this time by Stark, who had finally made his way up the stairs.

"Thanks for finally joining us, Stark!" Cap called as he stood, making his way over. Thea hurled herself into a backflip and landed on Tony's shoulders, breaking her arm free and kicking James in the face in the process. She grabbed Tony by the head and pulled backwards, flipping him and landing him on his stomach and her on his back. The two soldiers stared at her open-mouthed, hands held up in surrender as Tony groaned.

"We will never speak of this moment...understood?"