Chapter 1: Part 1

(Okay I'm the kind of person that likes to cut to the chase so I didn't put a prolouge sorry >^<)

Steven was just your ordinary high school teenager of 17 from Port Republic, on his bus ride to school, but he felt something off about this day, he had no idea why. By the time he got to the school he had pushed away that feeling. Fixing his school team shirt he got off the bus and as usual his buddy, Kyle, was sitting on the curb waiting for his arrival. Kyle stood up smiling while watching as Steven walked up to him.

    "Ya feelin' okay?, you don't look, so good." Kyle examined Steven's face.

He moved his face downward "I'm fine....... Let's just get to class." he said starting to head to the school.

    "Okay four eyes king of the nerds." Kyle said jokingly while following Steven into the school.

Classes started at 9:00 as usual but the bad feeling Steven had came back but this time it was worse than earlier that morning it made him feel sick. Steven could feel the color drain from his face he started to shake. He looked up at the clock but to realize it had stopped working.

    He looked over at Kyle who always had a watch on or his phone with him "Hey, Kyle you got the time?"

    Kyle looked at his watch but it had stopped working "Batteries must've died, I'll check my phone." but to find the numbers were changing to different times each second "Okay, that's messed up." he showed Steven his phone.

Suddenly the announcements came on it was very staticy but the words were understandable  "Attention students, we seem to be having problems with our technology, please come down to the gymnasium for an assembly."

Kyle and Steven walked down the hall to the gymnasium together sitting together while the principal started talking "We have been having problems with our technology so school is cancelled for today." everyone cheered especially the "popular" kids this included the cheerleaders and the football team, Stella was the captain of the football team's girlfriend also known as the most popular girl in school.

When we went to stand up after the assembly the ground started to shake knocking everything and everyone over, the lights went off then back on the ground shook more violently causing the ground to crack open in many directions then it just stopped.

The teachers started to help the students that were injured some of them were crushed and killed. Kyle looked around trying to find Julie and see if she was okay he looked in on direction and walked toward the crying noise. Julie had her leg cut from her knee to her ankle.

"Julie are you okay?" Kyle picked Julie up then walking her to a place where he could look at her leg.

"It hurts!" Julie cried out as her leg bleed more.

Kyle was able to get her bleeding leg under control then wrapped it up then sat beside her kissing her cheek attempting to make her feel better. Over where the popular kids were Steven watched Stella look for her boyfriend who had been crushed by one of the beams from the ceiling.

    Steven thought to himself "Well he's dead" he was kind of happy about that then watched Stella sit there and cry.

There was a strange noise coming from the crack in the gym floor everyone looked at the crack then out of nowhere a hand came out of it along with a man sized monster with long pointed ears, a long bony tail, grey skin, blood red eyes and that bloodthirsty look in its eyes then there were more and more all with the same look everyone who could run booked it out of the gym Kyle picked up Julie and started running while she started screaming.

There were people still in the gym the dead and some of the injured but they would've died in a matter of time anyway. The sound of screams of people being ripped to shreds filled the room the sound of death.

"Everyone we need to get you onto the buses now!" the principle strated to lead the students outside as fast as they could the teachers drove the buses.

The school nurse was on the bus for the injured trying to get their wounds taken care of. Steven decided to run into the forest seeing if anyone was in there Kyle followed him walking with Julie who's leg seemed to have gotten better.

"And where do you think you're going at a time like this?" Kyle said catching up with Steven.

"Look I know the forest isn't the best place for a time like this but I need to find out more information about those monsters maybe there are some wandering around in this forest. You never know I might be able to find out how to defeat them you know find their weaknesses." Steven said looking around.

"Well we're coming with you maybe we can find Scott somewhere he might help us." Kyle and Julie started to follow Steven into the forest.

The three of them walked for about an hour and a half Kyle went back to carrying Julie, he didn't mind that. The sound of movement caught the three's attention Steven grabbed a branch that was on the ground then hit it off the thing that was walking toward them.

"Gah! damn it! what the hell was that for!?" a man with shoulder length hair, grey pants, deep blue eyes and a white shirt came out from behind the bushes holding his head "that hurt!"

Steven dropped the branch "I'm sorry I thought you were a monster Scott." he walked up to his cousin.

    Scott took his hand off his head "Well I guess I can forgive you this time, so what the hell are those things coming from the ground? assassins from the devil himself trying to wipe us out?"

    Steven had no idea how to answer that question but he wanted to find out where the earthquake affected. He looked around for a way to get out of the middle of the woods then find a way to get to his house hopping he still had power there and that his family was okay.

"We should find a way to get to my house, It's the closest out of the four of us we might have a better percentage of not running into those........ things if we do." Steven said finally figuring out what way the need to go.

(Ahhhhhh I'm so sorry if that sucked!! I'm not too good at writting but if you like it tell me in the coments thaks :D )