Epilogue

"Automatic mode has begun," Lionshine meowed, swiveling in her chair from in front of the control panel. "We'll be landing in just a few minutes." Her heart was swollen; her throat was dry. It was hard to speak the words that she knew would end the mission. 

"Baggie strapped to my face, check!" called Greenface, mew muffled from his seat.

"Alderwood tied down," Shadepelt meowed, giving the tom one last look-over before slipping into her own chair. "Check."

"3D-printed fidget spinner in paw, check!" exclaimed Pebblepounce, a quiet whirr barely audible from his paws.

"I guess that means we're really landing..." Lionshine meowed wearily. She spun her chair back forward, facing the screens that made up the control panel. "One more minute, and we'll be entering Earth's atmosphere."

"Isn't there an anesthesia option?" Greenface asked nervously, trying to peer over her shoulder. "I don't throw up when I'm asleep."

"You took an extra dose of nausea and motion sickness pills, and there's a baggie strapped to your muzzle," Shadepelt comforted him, though the usual spite was absent from her tone. "You'll be fine, Greenface. Quit worrying about it."

A rustling noise sounds from behind all the cats. They all turn to see Alderwood holding a large needle marked "anesthesia". 

Screaming commences.

"Don't you dare jab that thing in me! Needles are created by the Dark Forest, I swear! They are the worst thing ever!" Pebblepounce shrieked, forgetting that he had already buckled in as he attempted to escape from Alderwood.

"We're landing! Alderwood, put that down!" Lionshine screamed. 

Alderwood jabbed the needle into Pebblepounce. The tom went limp. 

The needle slid easily into Shadepelt's shoulder, and Greenface didn't object as Alderwood stabbed him too.

"Don't do this; I need to be the backup opera—" Lionshine's words were cut off as Alderwood pushed the needle into her.

The ship sped up as they approached the surface of the earth, and only one of the crew was awake. The anti-fall anklets clipped to his paws kept him from leaving the floor, but the power of G-Forces was whipping at his ears, his fur defying physics and flattening on his sides.

The ship landed.

The Catmint 11 was a success.

by rio.

go check out the sequel, we forgot our spacesuits. :)