Chips

Maybe I can do both.

You can't do that for much longer.

I need the power to protect myself.

Protect yourself from what? Thousands of seemly untrained citizens who all wouldn't dare land a hand on you after you shut the chips off.

"Are you up for a deal?" Ezra asked, trying to cut off his own thoughts. The girl, who was quickly going blue in the face from the lack of oxygen, faintly nodded, eyes slowly dropping.

Force! I shouldn't have choked her so hard. Ezra cursed himself, and let her go, quickly.

Maluna gulped down breaths of oxygen. No matter how afraid she was she still shoot Ezra a thankful look even though he couldn't see it, he could sense it. He had to admit it felt good for someone to not be totally afraid of him.

Ezra figures he should tell her the offer, since she was too busy breathing to ask what it was. "How about you turn off the chips and destroy the console and then I'll let you go?"

"I.......w-won't!" Her first instinct ran though her mind and she choked it out before she could stop herself. Era felt the need to snap her neck right then. You could just turn off the chips, destroying the whole room would do it. But then again patience has it's rewards. "I'm sorry I'm just so confused." She continued after a moment regaining her voice better, before Ezra really had a chance to decide. "I'll do it, I'm just so mixed up in the head. Would turning off the chips help?"

"Yeah." He rubbed his own neck, absentmindedly where the chip still was, but in pieces due to Sabine. As good of a force healer Sebrin is she can't get all the metal out of my skin with her mind.

"It's so weird part of my brain is trying to tell me one thing and the other wants me to do the exact opposite." Maluna explained. "Do you know that feeling?"

"More than you would expect."

"I need to turn off the chips for Nuka." She mumbled to herself. "I don't need to do anything for the Empire." She reluctantly got up off the floor and went over to the console, looking at her fellow technicians with a bit of worry.

Ezra decided it was best to get up as well and followed her off the floor.

Ezra watched with interest as she punched in a very complex code into the system and let out a yell of surprise. "I need someone with high security clearance to turn them off, all I need is one more code."

"Let me see it." He answered and walked over, trying to remember the seemingly endless numbers that bounced around in his head with his chip. "I can't remember this code I only was told it once."

"Well what can we do to jog your memory?"

Ezra sighed. "Make me angry."

She looked at him oddly. "What?"

"Make me angry, it should loosen the memory."

"How do I do that?"

"Figure it out." He snapped.

"Umm your hair is a mess."

"Do I look like one who cares about appearances?"

"I mean seriously when was the last time you looked in the mirror."

"I don't need to care about that!" He snapped, getting angry and trying to push down the joy that it was working.

Maluna smiled a bit. "I feel bad for your girlfriend or anyone who had to look at you for that matter. Your hair is an absolute disaster, your body has so much blood covering it and your face is just plain ugly."

4 | Haunting PastOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara