"she had a nightmare this morning, not sure what it was about but; it wasn't about yesterday! You know anything about that."

She just shakes her head saying,
"Not really, but she has them a lot. Thanks for staying with her .. but I got this from here! They're letting her go and I'm making her move in with me so she will be ok."

So that's it then.... oh hell NO I'm not leaving it here! "Sophie can you give me her number please .. I would like to know how she's going. 
And maybe   come by and  check on her too if that's  alright."

Fuck I hope she won't deny me. shaking her head she says,
"I can't give you her number,  but your friend followed me home yesterday and knows where I live so you can come check on her if you want"

yes, yes shit,
"Thanks, Sophie , I'll be around later today if that's ok."

Turning  to leave,  I look back around and say,
"Hey, do you need me to get some stuff from her place,  to bring to you?"
fuck I need to stop. Sophie just tells me
"No, we should be fine, thanks for the offer"
Walking out the door I'm feeling..... Fucked if I know... I never felt like this before.

STASIA

Waiting for the nurse with the discharge papers,  Soph is still quiet..  more quiet than normal "Sophie are you alright you've been real quiet."

"I'm fine Stasia..  just a big day yesterday, what about you?" god, what about me,  shit between getting hit by the hot biker, then held up at gunpoint and then the hot biker staying with me all night.... I have not processed yet... and I don't want to do that till I'm by myself. So I answer "yeah Soph I'm fine, I  could be better but I'm fine."

Before I know it the nurse is walking in with the discharge papers and we're on our way home, I can't wait.

When we get to my place there's a letter stuck to the door "great" I mumble to myself Sophie's the first one there so she takes it off and reads it.

"Stasia,  I was going to ask anyway, cause I was finding it hard to make ends meet.  But this here says you might actually consider it"

"Soph spit it out, please...  I just need sleep, and what is that you're waving around" I have a fair idea what it is, but I don't want to think about it.

"Well... how about you move in with Keata and me.... Well, Keat loves you and so do I, it would divide the bills, and I have the extra space ... what do you say?"

"What's on the paper am I getting kicked out?"

"Yeah honey you are ....you have 24 hours to remove your stuff."
Shit, I really didn't think I was that far behind in rent. far out,  shit.

"Stasia please, it will be great. Come on grab some clothes, and we can organise to get your stuff later today, oh and I know just who would love to do it." I really don't have a choice.... I hate my life.
"Sophie I can't make this permanent,  but thank you.  I was drowning... shit  I don't even know how long I'm going to be out of work shit"

"Look let's not dwell on it yet,  we don't need to figure anything out, focus on you getting better,  then we will figure the rest out, all right." oh god I love this girl, I just limp over and hug her for thanks.

Arriving at Soph's house, I just can't wait to get some rest again.  I just want some time to process, not really sleep.

Soph walks straight in the kitchen, once we get inside she  puts the coffee maker on and gets 2 cups out and says "right I need to pick Keata up by 3 pm so let's have coffee, talk men and do not tell me no girl, both of those guys won't go away...and one thinks I'm having some kind of break down..which I could be,  I haven't stopped to think yet...  and the other one is hot for you" she takes a deep breath holy crap she is never like this...

"Soph no one is hot for me, shit and I hope you're not having a breakdown... Jesus,  what a shit day it was yesterday. And what do you mean they won't go away" finishing up making our coffee, placing mine in front of me she starts again "well Bullet the one who took me back to my car from the hospital last night, followed me home to make sure I was alright,  even came with me to get Keata, then before you woke up Drew wanted your number and well...."

"You gave him my number!." holding up her hand she was shaking her head.

"Hell no, I'd never do that... but I told him I wanted you to stay  with me, and his friend knows where I live ...and if he wanted to see you then he's friend knows the address... sohesaidhemightberoundlatertoday"
she said that last bit so fast I almost missed it,
"say that last bit again"

"He said he might come around today" well shit... she's looking at me like I might blow up, ha. I can feel the colour drain from my face, I can't deal with seeing him again, it confuses me. I don't see guys ever. I don't have relationships either, never have.  it's too hard.

Brings up too much from my past. I can't go there. So I do what I always do... I  push it down deep and lock it up. Deep breath.

"ok well I'd like to get some rest first and maybe we can talk later sorry Soph, I'm just overwhelmed."

Agreeing with me she gives me a half smile "sure Stasia I get it. Give me your keys and I'll organize as much as I can today, ok"

I want to say no,  but I have no choice. My leg is killing me, so I just pass them over and start walking to where I usually sleep, when I look after Keata.

Seeing the look on my best friends face I know she knows I'm beat, in more ways than one.

Curling up in bed,  I try not to think of you know who and everything else that's happened in the last 24 hours,  and pray for a dreamless sleep.