Chapter 15: Wrapped In Roses

My eyes grew bigger as my mind processed at what Eric had told me. "His name is William." Those words made a storm brew in my head. William never mentioned he had a brother. Never.

"Are you okay? You look surprised." Eric said.

"No, I'm fine. I hope you find your brother."

"Hey, do you know any places I can stay around here? Maybe a motel or something?"

I couldn't have him in my way while I dealt with the unknown number, not to mention the gang. But, I needed him If I was going to find William. Considering, it's William's brother. "There's a motel about twenty minutes from here. That's also where I'm staying."

"Perfect. Thanks, eh... what's your name again?"

"Crystal."

"Wanna' take a ride with me, Crystal?"

"If you give me a ride to the gun store first."

"Whoa. For what?"

"So, I can get a gun."

"Why?"

"Please just take me to the gun store, dude. I'm not going to argue."

Me and Eric walked out the coffee shop and drove to the gun store. I had about a thousand dollars saved on me, which was more than I needed.

"I want that one." I said the gun store clerk.

"Whoa, Crystal. You sure?"

"Yeah, I agree with skinny jeans over here. That ain't no toy."

My eyes were locked on a 50 caliber revolver that had a barrel so big that it had the potential of removing someone's head with one shot.

"I'd recommend the snub nose revolver. Light. Compact. Simple. Easy. Good for beginners."

"I'm not a beginner." I said with a sadistic smile.

"What ever you say," The clerk said as he grabbed the 50. Caliber from under the glass front counter. "Nine-hundred. Plus ammunition, Nine-fifty."

I gave the clerk nine-hundred and fifty dollars and walked out with Eric. We got into his car and drove to the motel. During the car ride, I noticed Eric had a tattoo on his neck. It looked like the grim reaper being wrapped by roses like an anaconda wraps its victims.

We arrived at the hotel at night approached. Eric checked into 'room 5', the one beside me and my mother's room. Eric said "Goodnight" to me as he walked into his motel room. I walked into my and my mother's room, seeing her asleep. I crashed on the bed as well, falling into deep slumber.

I stood high in the sky again, onto the Eiffel Tower. William beside me, wearing his normal clothing. I became frightened when I realized William's clothes were covered in blood. I then noticed Jason on the other side of me, also covered in blood. "You're running out of time, Crystal." They both said.

I woke up from my nightmare as sunlight bled through the shallow window shades. My mother still asleep, I grabbed my backpack and asked Devin if he could give me a ride in the morning, which he did.

After a few periods, Lunch came. I got my lunch and sat at the table with Joshua and Rachel. Devin wasn't there of course. "Where's Caleb?" I asked Joshua.

"I'm not sure. He's been missing school like once a week or something like that... you know... he's always gone on spaghetti days."

"Today's spaghetti day."

"Exactly."

"What's today?"

"Tuesday."

My vision blurred as my mind took over, trying to tell me something. Then, I remembered. Aaron's father told us that Aaron was always gone from school and home on Tuesdays. This definitely was no coincidence. This meant something.

"Crystal, I've got the... Ricin." Rachel whispered.

Holy shit. Rachel actually made the Ricin. She handed it to me, making sure nobody saw, especially Joshua. Joshua began snapping pictures of students walking by with his new lens.

"Make sure Joshua doesn't see that. He'll probably start snapping pictures and stuff. I still don't know why you need this stuff, but I don't want to know to be honest.

A ding went off.

Unknown: You never learn, Crystal. So, I've got to help you with that.

Me; What?

Unknown: Check your daily news app.

I opened my news app, showing a huge title across the screen. 'Teen murderer, Devin Brubaker escaped custody this morning'.

Another ding went off.

I opened up the image that was sent to me, showing Devin on the floor, beat to hell.

Unknown: Joshua isn't looking. Put the Ricin in his drink.

Me: What? Why? Is this some sort of joke?

Unknown: That depends, Crystal. Do you consider Devin's safety a joke?

Me: You can't make me do this.

Unknown: I can, and I am. Choose your pick. Or I'll choose for you.

Me: You won't hurt Devin. If you do, you'll have nothing to threaten me with. Do it. You won't, because you can't. You're a pussy.

Chimes filled the lunchroom. Student's phones began lighting up with dinging and beeping. I opened up the image as the cafeteria gasped at what they were seeing.

The body parts of all my victim's. Joslyn, Aaron, Trisha, Tom, William's mother, all of them were displayed across the picture, their heads were stuck on sharp sticks in a blank room with a dim light. I noticed at the far end, Devin on his knees with a stick beside him.

Unknown: Make a decision, Crystal. Soon enough, you'll know exactly who I am and why I'm doing this. But, for now, just play along with the game.

School was cancelled once again. Principle Hendricks sent everyone home. A ding went off.

Unknown: You didn't do as I asked.

Me: I couldn't. Just, give me some time to make a decision.

Unknown: You have 24 hours, Crystal. Goodbye.

My mother later texted m on my way home to go to the hospital to visit my father. He'd woken up. I walked to the hospital. I took the elevator to the third floor, walking into my father's hospital room. He was up in bed, my mother beside him.

I walked up to him, asking him an immediate question. "Dad, who shot you?" He sat in his hospital bed, silent for a few seconds until he finally spoke. "I don't know. It was definitely a guy."

"What did he look like? Did he have any certain facial features or anything?"

"He had a bit of a beard, trimmed down. Floy hair, sneakers."

"Anything else?"

"He did have a tattoo on his neck."

I stood silent for a few seconds until asking one more question. "A tattoo of what?"

"The Grim Reaper wrapped in roses."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4/27/17

Thanks for reading Chapter Fifteen of 'The Day I Became a Serial Killer'. I'd really appreciate some feedback in the comments, as well as a book vote if you enjoyed the fifteen chapter. Thank you for reading, fellow Wattpaders! Chapter Sixteen is out now!