Chapter 10: Sick Game

I stood there for few seconds, silent with a gun in my hand. My father was confused as to what was going on. I didn't blame him. I kind of brought him into this too.

"Me and William killed Tom Ortega and Trisha Delarosa," I said, proceeding to cry.

"What?"

"I killed Tom Ortega and William killed Trisha Delarosa."

"Oh god."

"Yeah, I know."

"Crystal why the fuck do you have a gun?" My dad shouted.

"I took it from William's mother... after I killed her."

"What the hell, Crystal?" My dad shouted.

"I'm sorry, Dad."

My dad reached into his pocket and grabbed his phone.

"Dad, what are you doing?"

"It's come too far, Crystal! We need to get you help! I'm calling the police department. We can get you some help."

I point the gun at my father, "I won't hesitate to shoot, Dad." My father looks at me with disgust. "Crystal, who are you right now?"

"I'm your daughter," I replied.

"... and if you won't accept that... then I guess I'm a serial killer. Hell, maybe I'm both." I added.

"Crystal, we can get you help. Your mother and brother will be home soon."

"No, dad. I've got bigger fish to fry."

"What are you going to do next? You're going to get yourself killed." My dad said.

"I'm going to save William."

I walked out of my home, not saying another word. A ding went off, tempting me to check my phone. I knew it was the unknown number, and if was going to save William, I needed to play along. I checked my phone.

Unknown: Your dad seems upset.

Me: He's not upset. I am.

Unknown: I know, Crystal. But, it'll all pay off. Maybe, William will make it out of this alive. Go to your school dance. Now.

My school was hosting a small school dance for seniors, and I decided not to attend it, but I guess I have to now. Caleb asked me if I was going to the dance, and I told him I didn't know. I guess I'll surprise him.

I wasn't wearing the nicest clothes, but I didn't care. I couldn't walk into my school with a gun. I did the unthinkable. I stuck it in my My mailbox. I was stupid and didn't know what I was thinking.

I walked into the school, to the cafeteria where the dance was held. Dance lights swerved all around, coloring the floors a variety of colors. A ding went off.

Unknown: Good job, Crystal. You seem to want William alive, huh?

Me: How do you know where I am?

Unknown: I guess you thought I was kidding when I said I'm always watching.

The unknown number was at the dance. They had to be. They were watching. I got bumped into by someone, getting slightly splashed with fruit punch.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry, Crystal," Caleb said.

"It's okay, I'm fine," I replied, trying to dry the fruit punch with a napkin.

A ding went off.

Unknown: I see you.

I began looking around the dance floor. Many teens had their phones out. The unknown number could have been anyone. I approached one kid, checking his phone. He was looking at a picture of... never mind