Chapter 7: Not Safe

The two men laughed at me with their guns out as I pulled my pocket knife from my pocket. Little-Man in the middle, snorting cocaine whilst laughing as well. A ding muted their laughter as I checked my phone.

Unknown: Heads up.

Gunfire went off outside the house, causing Little-Man's guards to investigate, leaving the house. Now, it was me and Little-Man all alone.

"Your guards must not want you alive if they left you alone with me." I said.

"I don't need my guards to protect me, princess. You wanna' threaten me? Come on, little girl."

I smiled, taking that as a challenge, even though I was scared on the inside. I swung my knife at him, gashing his cheek. He yelled in pain, blood dripping down his face.

"You little bitch!"

He yanked his long knife from the table, gripping it tightly in his palms. He growled, "I'm gonna' kill you!" He yells as gunfire continues outside. He rushes at me, ready to make a clean stab. He misses as I dodge him, running him into the rear table against the wall. He grabs his stomach in pain as he grunts once more. He yells like a mad man with his knife out. I slid under him, slicing his ribs as he falls to the floor. He screams in agony. "You got balls, don't you?!"

"Yeah, I do." I replied.

The gunfire stops outside as he runs at me once more, falling to the ground as I jab in the stomach with my knife. He groans, laying his hands on the stab wound. I approach him, looking downward at the ground where he is laying. "I'm sorry this happened to you. It's nothing personal."

I lunge down at him, landing my knife in his chest as he stops moving. I slide my knife out slowly. His blood paints the floor as it flows around. A ding goes off as I check my phone again.

Unknown: Come outside. Now.

I exited the house, viewing all of Little-Man's men lying on the floor, covered in gunshot wounds. There was a car in front of the house's gate with tinted windows, not allowing me to see who was in the vehicle. It was a dark red truck. I starred at it a few more seconds, until it drove off. I didn't know if that was the unknown number... or maybe someone spying on me... or a nosy neighbor. Either way, someone knew what I'd done.

I left the neighborhood as the sun fell. I walked over to Courtney's coffee shop, since I felt I wanted some coffee. I entered the coffee shop, walking over to the front counter.

I saw Courtney at the front counter, taking an order. I waited in line until it eventually came my turn to order. I saw her and she saw me. After few seconds of awkward silence, I spoke.

"I'll have a medium size coffee, 2 teaspoons of sugar, and vanilla creamer."

She clacked away at the register as she out in my order. "Courtney, how have you been?" She didn't respond. "Okay, are you even going to talk to me?"

"Crystal, we haven't talked for years. Now, all of a sudden, you're asking me how I've been?"

"Jesus, Courtney. Why can't you just forget about the past for once? This, all over some boy neither of us have spoken to as long as we haven't been friends?"

"I guess, Crystal. Whatever. It'll be one dollar and fifty-seven cents."

Courtney's mother who is named Courtney as well, runs the coffee shop with her daughter, my ex-friend. "Your coffee will be here soon. Go have a seat, Crystal." I took a seat at the nearest table to the front counter as the door chimed as it open. It was William. He walked over to me, taking a seat at my table.