Chapter 11

I had been in the hospital for all of three days, I could hear everything everyone said, but I couldn't do anything about it. It was like I was paralyzed and I couldn't move. I didn't know where I was, or what was going on, or who was talking to me most of the time. I just knew that I didn't like it, whatever it was.

Mason had come in every day and stayed in there and one day the whole gang decided to come by for a while. They had stayed for two or so hours before they had to leave. "It is getting late we should head back to the hotel." Marty suggested.

They were all getting up when I felt something come over me, like I could move. I moved my head around for a second like I was having a bad dream and then I woke up. I sat up and opened my eyes, and suddenly became dizzy, and it was harder to breath. I knew my eyes were open, but I couldn't see anything, it was all dark. I had a pain in my side like I had just got stabbed and I could feel something on my arm that made it heavier. I put a hand on my side where it hurt, "Mason!" I winced. It hurt my side to talk or do anything. I looked around trying to find some sign of light or color, but couldn't find any. "Mason!" I yelled again and winced.

"Faith," Mason suddenly put his hand on my knee and it scared me because I couldn't see him. "Mason?" I asked when I heard his voice. "Calm down, you're alright." He calmly said. "I can't see anything, and my head hurts and my side hurts, and I don't know what's going on." I looked around some more trying to catch some sort of color or movement. "Calm down, it's ok," Mason said again. "Where am I?" I asked still looking around. "You're in the hospital." Mason told me. "The hospital? Why I'm I in the hospital?" I asked, breathing hard. "Yea you have been in here for almost four days, do you not remember what happened?" Mason asked. I shook my head.

"Good I see you are a wake." A man's voice came from the side of the room. "Who is that?" I asked Mason. "That's the doctor, don't worry he is super nice." Mason reassured me. "Hi Faith, I am doctor O'Brient, can you lay back down for me?" He asked. I tried to feel around, so I could lay back down, Mason started to help me find where to lay down after a while. "Alright, is it okay if I ask you some questions?" Dr. O'Brient asked. "Um... I guess so," I hesitated.

"What is your name?" He asked.

"Faith Borden," I answered.

"Do you know who is sitting next to you?" He asked

"Mason Fox, my frie... my boyfriend." I answered

"Oh boyfriend, lucky man," The doctor smiled and I half smiled too.

"Do you know what day it is?" Dr. O'Brient asked

"Um... no," I shook my head, it hurt my head to think too hard.

"That's alright. Do you remember any of your friend's names?" He asked

"I remember Mason and," I had to think for a little bit. "Dylan," I said

"Good do you remember anyone else?" The doctor asked.

"Can I hear their names?" I asked

"There is HiJack, and Marty, and Ty, and Navvy, and Cash." Mason recited their names

"None of those sound familiar to me." I shook my head slightly.

"Do you remember what happened?" O'Brient asked

"Ou, um... no," I said closing my eyes and putting my hand on my head.

"That's okay, what is the last thing you remember"

"I remember, being somewhere dark and wooden, and Dylan was there and there was this bush with berries on it. Then I saw something shiny, so I pulled on it and there was a skeleton attached to it. Then it turned out to be a book, but that is all I can remember." I said.

"Alright and you said you can't see, everything is black?" The doctor asked. "That's right, everything is black." I explained. "Alright I am just going to do a quick test; can you open your eyes for me." I did as told and opened my eyes. Apparently he was shining a light in my eye. "Oh gosh, what was that?" I sat up, covering my eyes. "Ou," I winced holding my side, then laid back down. "Wait I thought you couldn't see?" Mason asked. "I can't, but whatever that was hurt my head real bad." I told him. "Well her pupils aren't dilating which means that she is temporarily blind." The doctor explained. "Blind!" I exclaimed. "For how long?" I asked. "Not sure, it could be a couple hours, a month, a year..." He got that far before I interrupted. "A year?!" I half yelled.

"What did the doctor say?" HiJack asked when Mason went back to the waiting room. "She lost a lot of her memory and she is temporarily blind." Mason explained. "Blind? For how long?" Navvy asked. "They don't know; they are doing some tests right now." Mason told them. "We better head back to the hotel now, it is getting late." Ty suggested, and they all went out to the car.

When they got to the hotel, Mason went right for the couch. In the days that I had been in the hospital he had only slept for an hour or so. Right when he got to the couch he fell asleep. "Man he was sure tired." Cash smiled. "Well he hasn't slept in a while." Ty commented. The other boys were playing a game of Monopoly while Mason was sleeping, and they were trying to be quiet, but it really wasn't working.

Faith was standing there in the room, yelling,' Mason', 'Mason' and looking around. Mason wanted to say something or go over to her, but he couldn't move. Then she looked straight ahead and her eyes got wide. Mason looked over to see the bear, walking towards her, she started to back up, but wasn't fast enough. The bear stood on its hind legs and then came down right on top of Faith making her fall to the ground.

"Is he okay?" Marty asked pointing to Mason. Mason was moving around on the couch as if he was having a bad dream. Suddenly he bolted upright and yelled, "Faith!" The other boys went over to him to see what was wrong. "Are you alright?" Navvy asked. "Yea I'm fine just a bad dream." Mason told them. "What was it about?" Cash asked. "Well Faith was standing right there," He pointed to the floor, "and the bear was right there, and then it attacked her, but I couldn't move or do anything." Mason explained.

"Why don't you play Monopoly with us, it could take your mind off it," Navvy offered. "No I'm good, I think I am going to go to the pool for a while just to get my mind off things." Mason said getting up and leaving the room.