Chapter Fourteen

Thanksgiving had come faster then Sarah had expected. She had spent the week before volunteering with the DAR as they set up soup kitchens to serve thanksgiving meals to those who are homeless and she had busied herself at home by preparing their new house. Her family had moved in on the Sunday and this holiday would be the first one held in the home – and the first event Sarah through for the whole Cavanaugh family.

Andrew's grandparents had flown in for the holiday from Italy and his mother's sisters had come with their families too.  Along with her parents Sarah would be feeding twenty people a thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.

"Babe we need to get going, the press conference will be starting soon" Andrew walked down the stairs with his tie in hand. Sarah who had been busy rushing around the kitchen was already ready in her black dress pants, white blouse and navy blue blazer. It wasn't her most glamorous outfit, but today the press was about business, not parties.

"I am ready" Sarah mumbled as she checked the to do list for tomorrow one last time and turned to look at Andrew standing there with a shirt still not tucked in and a tie untied. "But you don't seem to be" she walked over to him and took the tie from his hands. Her slender fingers worked quickly but efficiently as she secured the tie around his neck.

"I'm not sure if I am ready for this" Andrew sighed tucking his shirt in.

"What's wrong baby?" Sarah smoothed back his hair unruly gently "you have your speech planned out and you were confident about your idea last night".

"I know" Andrew heaves a small sigh "I know that it's a good idea, it'll create revenue, jobs and retainer clients. I know it's a good idea, but I don't think my dad will".

"If this idea can bring in revenue, jobs and retainers then why wouldn't you dad think it is a good idea? That sounds like a lot of positive things to me" Sarah said confused. If it were going to create such great things for the company then why wouldn't his father like it?

"What I want to do is create a new branch of the company. In the past the company would only be expanded, such as adding a branch in Europe. No one has ever come forward with the idea for a sister company such as Design Works" Andrew explains.

"Just because your idea is different and hasn't been done before doesn't mean it won't be a success. Your father may surprise you, he could love the idea" Sarah gave Andrew's hand a soft squeeze.

Andrew nodded and opened his mouth to reply but was cut off by the sound of children's feet on the floor.

"Daddy its time to go!" Emma jumps off the last step and skipped over to her parents.

Andrew chuckled and lifted her onto his shoulders "yes I believe it is time to go".

"I'll just get Chris and Brayden and meet you in the car" Sarah said walking up the stairs to get her sons.

"He is doing so great" Josephine leaned over and whispered into Sarah's ear.

"He is" Sarah said smiling proudly as she watched him give his speech on the steps of Frameworks headquarters "but do you think William likes it?" she glanced over at the older gentlemen who was standing just behind his son with a stone face. He didn't appear to be enjoying it but he also didn't seem to hate it.

"I think he likes it" Josephine said, "It is a good idea after all".

"That's what I told Andrew but he seemed nervous about it" Sarah said nibbling on her hair nervously.

"This is Andrew's first major project that he will work on himself, it is natural for him to be a little scared" Jose said. "I remember standing by William's side when he proposed the idea to create a branch of Frameworks in Europe. He was nervous about disappointing his father".