Chapter 2- Things Change

Start from the beginning

Seven years.... And nothing's changed. I say that, and yet I know its not even remotely true. I just feel that way... But its a lie.

I don't even recognize any of it, its all changed. Everything... Different.

Frea took in a long, deep breath, her eyes falling closed a moment as she continued walking. She had been walking in silence for far longer than she realized, having already reached the bottom of the incline and the feel of their Energy Signatures behind her were far off.... It was a blur most of the time, when she was alone. Time didn't move the way it used to.

"New business, Energy Dragon?"

Frea slowed to a pause, her eyes opening to glance sideways toward the calm, small smile set upon her by Jynx- the ghost girl's arms hooked behind her back as she stood not three feet to her right. Frea blinked, not at all perturbed by the sudden appearance of the girl's Energy Signature, and instead he barely noticed it had become so common.

"Jynx," she murmured, turning slightly toward the Ghost, a small smile creasing her lips, silver eyes glinting slightly. "Yeah, just got told about the new Job this morning." Frea blinked, head tilting slightly as she rest her gaze on the ghost steadily. "Though, you don't pop up like this unless you need something- what is it?"

Jynx smiled softly and lift a hand, snapping her fingers as purple Magic wrapped about her hand, and suddenly dropped seven large Lacrima Crystals about the size of a book each from the air, floating centimeters from her palm. Frea's eyes glittered at the objects, though she didn't seem inherently surprised.

"I require seven Lacrima Crystals filled this time around." Jynx told her easily,

"That's a lot more than usual," Frea murmured, Jynx nodded.

"Indeed, but I would not ask unless I truly required that much." The ghost replied easily, Frea blinked once more, but sighed and relented.

Her hand stretched forward as her fingers grazed Jynx's purple Magic, and her own silver rose up to encase the Lacrima Crystals.

"... That's going to be a good 55% of the Magic Energy I have at the surface, if not more." Frea murmured, her eyes falling closed as she let her arm remained stretched out. Soft silver bands of Magic began to spiral around her person, the light glinting off the two silver rings on her pointer finger and thumb.

"Its required for a large scale project." Jynx murmured,

"You've never told me what this project is, you know." Frea murmured, Jynx nodded.

"In time, Energy Dragon, I'll let you know." Frea seemed to sigh but didn't say anything in return. A large Magic Circle spread across the ground under her feet, a thin wall of her Magic rising up on the edges of the Circle and streams of bright silver arcing up from Frea's arm, and beginning to circle the Lacrima still floating about her outstretched hand.

There came a wall of sudden and immense pressure as her Magic rose up, enough that the air felt considerably heavier and the grass around her was blown back in the sudden wash of wind.

The Lacrima shone a brilliant light blue color as Frea's Magic began to drain into them one by one in a steady stream, until her Magic slowed and the the Magic Circle retracted entirely. Frea took in a deep breath, sweatdropping slightly as her arm fell and the five Lacrima slowly floated back over toward Jynx, who smiled and dipped her head to the Energy Dragon Slayer.

"Thank you."

"... Yeah, and keep your secrets. As long as you aren't plotting to take over the world with all those Magic filled Lacrima I've been providing you, I'm not gonna dig too deep." Frea replied, rubbing the back of her neck with a hand as the other rest on her hip, taking in a few more breaths slowly.

Jynx chuckled under her breath a little, an amused smile spreading over her face. "I assure you, the Power is being used for a good cause." Frea's eyes opened to glance Jynx's way silently,

"... I know, I trust you." Frea said softly, earning a small nod from Jynx, the girl's red eyes softening slightly.

"You seem tired, Energy Dragon." Jynx pointed out, her voice dropping to a tone of slight concern and caring. Frea glanced away, crossing her arms over her chest, her shoulders and body covered by the cloak about her person.

".... I am," Frea replied softly. "But it's nothing to worry about, I'm fine. Being a little tired isn't gonna affect me in any way." Her silver eyes rest in the distant ocean, her expression neutral but a sea of immeasurable emotion dancing in her eyes.

"... I still have work to do, can't quit now because I'm sleepy. We need these jobs done, and I'm the one whose gotta do them."

Silence fell over them a moment, Frea's attention fixed to the sea while Jynx looked to the Energy Dragon Slayer in silence. She could see the exhaustion pulling at Frea, though it was hidden well- but even more than that, she could tell something was on her mind- there always was something. As to be expected.... Seeing as how things were.

Frea blinked, her silver gaze sweeping back to settle on Jynx, her lips twitching in an almost entirely imperceptible smile.

"I'll sleep when I'm done. Until then, don't worry about it-I'll be fine."

Jynx nodded, smiling a little herself.

"I know you will be."