Chapter 1- The Second Time Around

Start from the beginning

Frea let out a long sigh as she opened her drawers, looking for what she wanted to wear today.

After that... She never wanted to be part of the Exams. Master Makarov had asked her many times, but she always told him no. How could he think that someone who had hurt the Guild deserved to even be given the chance to become an S-Class?

Even today, she knew for certain she would not be participating this year, that had already been decided.

Master had called her into his office the day before, and asked if she would be willing to participate in the Exams this year.

Her answer was no, as it always was.

She appreciated that he was still asking her, instead of forcing her to do so, which she had expected him to do so by now after all this time.

She let out another sigh and pulled on her clothes; simple dark skinny jeans, a grey tank top, with a black shirt with long sleeves that hung off her shoulders, clearly showing her Fairy Tail mark. Frea walked into the bathroom and brushed out her hair, before pulling it up into a loose ponytail with her bangs and two strips of hair left out to border her face, and tying it up with a black ribbon.

She headed back into her room and laced up her combat boots, before making sure her door was locked, and jumping lightly out of her window. Her feet hit the stiff and slightly frosted grass at the bottom with a soft crunch and her breath billowed out in front of her. She frowned slightly, never being a big fan of cold weather.

She found herself in the stuffed Guild Hall in little time, everyone talking excitedly around her as they cast anxiuos glances at the stage, where a red curtain was dropped down.

Most conversation was speculation on who would be chosen, she could here her name pop up a few times, and yet she didn't care.

No Exams for me, not now, and not anytime soon...

She watched in silence as the curtain to the stage rose up slowly, and the crowd cheered when Master, Mira, Erza and Gildarts could be seen standing atop the stage.

"Our Guilds S-Class Exams will be held in a weeks time!" Makarov declared. "I have been watching all of you, your dedication, your heart."

The crowds suddenly became so loud, Master was forced to pause and wait for the noise to quite down. Frea smiled slightly at the enthusiasm, glad that some people were still thrilled with the Exams, even if she herself wasn't.

"There will be eight people chosen to participate in this years S-Class Exams!" Master exclaimed. Everyone yelled out around her and she looked away from the stage to sweep her gaze over everyone, eight out of all of them...

"The Exams will be held on Tenrou Island, our Guild's Holy Land." He explained and Frea looked back at the stage.

Tenrou...? What an odd place to hold the Exams.....

In all her time in the Guild, none of the Exams had been held on Tenrou. Though she had heard of the Guild's Holy Land, she couldn't say she was very familiar with it. She herself had only been there once, and that had been on a short trip with Master and a few other people when she had been much younger.

"The eight participating this year will be," Master started and the Guild grew quiet. "Natsu Dragneel!"

Frea caught sight of Natsu looking rather pleased near the front of the crowd. She smiled, nodding slightly. There was no surprise there...

"Gray Fullbuster!"

Gray smirked as his name was called and Frea smiled, while it didn't surprise her that he was chosen as well, having those two get picked in the same year? Master was asking for trouble...