~a few weeks later~

I had traveled for some time, going through several towns and even Castielia City. Along the way, Koari, my Oshawott, evolved fully into Samarott after many battles with wild pokemon who challenged us. I also caught a ton of pokemon and Father sent me a guardian. Sunshine was riding atop my shoulder as i passed into Nimbasa City, and i marveled at its astonishing displays. I stopped by a huge Pickachu inflatable was on display, and i got out my map. "Ok Sunshine. What do we want to do here before we enter the Gym?" We looked at descriptions for a while, then we came across the 'Pokemon Musical'. "Lets go!" Sunshine was bubbling with excitement, which she always does when she gets to show off her talents. We dashed off past several other things, like a fountain and a few buildings. As we rounded the corner, we crashed into someone. A black blur jumped up, same as Sunshine, and the person and i were thrown to the ground. The person was a girl, who looked familiar in a way. She had brown hair in a ponytail, shorts, tank-top....... Then it hit me. She looked exactly like the girl White in the storybooks Father would read me when i was smaller. He often told me he formed my human form off of the other character, Black, but there were not enough pictures of him in the storybooks. I heard that when he was awakened, before becoming slight enemies with Zekrom again, they traded books they wrote themselves. Strange story. Sunshine landed on her feet, then trotted over to me and checked to see if i was ok. "Watch where you're going dope!" The girl scowled at me as she got to her feet. I noticed an Umbreon perched on her shoulder, in the same way Sunshine was on mine. "Sorry! I-i was trying to-to get to the-uh-the Pokemon Musical." I stammered. "Oh. So you're going there eh? Im heading to the Battle Subway. Hey, i need to warm up a bit. Mind if we had a battle?" The request shocked me a little, i was barely asked to battle by a human, but i accepted. Just in case, and if she needed practice, might as well help. "Ok, Midnight, 'cmon!" The Umbreon jumped from her shoulder and onto the ground. "Ok, Sunshine, go ahead!" She jumped off my shoulder, but with more of a coordinated stance rater than 100% battle-thirsty. A small crowd gathered, and i became slightly nervous. My opponent, however, not so much. In fact, i don't think she minded the crowd. Might as well even liked it.

"Midnight! Shadowball!

"Dodge it Sunny!"

"Don't let it get away! Shadowball again!"

"Safeguard!" A gasp erupted from the crowd, and whispered rippled in more people. I heard a bit of a whisper.."Espeon can't learn that move!" i gulped. What have i done.

"Go Midnight! Dark Pulse!"

"Safeguard!"

"Shadowball!"

"Psychic!" The shadow ball was stopped. "Fling it back!" Just as the words left my mouth, the shadow ball was hurled back at Midnight, and it hit. A few people held their breaths as the dust cleared. I then saw Midnight still standing strong, and heading our way.

"Dark Pulse!"

"Psychic!"

"Dark Pulse again!"

"Psychic and then Psybeam!" The attack hit, but no damage was taken. Then i knew i was screwed.

"Dark pulse one last time!"

"Sunny dod-" before i could finish the attack hit her and she flew up into the air, fainted. I caught her and went tumbling to the ground. The crowd pulled away. "That was fun!" I remarked, since Sunshine awoke. The girl walked over and stuck out her hand. "Good job." She said. I shook her hand, confusing her, since she had offered it to help me up. She ignored her confusion and looked back at me. I decided to tell her my name. "I'm Truthton, but you can call me Blaze." She snickered. "I'm Idealia. Call me Storm." Then we introduced Sunshine and Midnight to one another after Sunny healed. She was very friendly towards Midnight, and he seemed to think she was nice too. I even got to pet Midnight's amazingly smooth fur. "Hey, i have a bunch of time on my hands. Can i come watch you perform at the Pokemon Musical? Afterwards, maybe you could join me on the double train. You are pretty strong of a trainer. No one's Psychic has ever hit a Shadowball back at Dusk here." She gestured towards Midnight. I understood, since Sunshine is quite a mouthful as well. We both headed towards the building with the neon musical notes decorating the front, chatting all the way. "Blaze, i'm tired." Sunny complained. "Its ok. Sleep in the bag while we wait." I told her, then, realizing my mistake, clapped a hand over my mouth and glanced nervously at Storm. She didn't seem to notice anything. Dusk, otherwise known as Midnight, said to Storm, "I'm bored. Can we battle someone?" "No Dusk, we have to wait unfortunately." She scowled. So she could hear them too... "Truthton and Sunshine?" . I walked onto backstage with three other people who looked experienced. I had registered for "A Sweet Soiree", an elegant production. We rehearsed for quite a while, then got ready to go on stage. I dressed up Sunny in a beautiful white gown and a red bow. We waited behind stage for our cue and when it came, Sunny strolled on stage to preform. During the performance, i heard that the photographer in the front aisle would take a picture of the "star of the show", or the one pokemon voted by the viewers that was the best. After the show, all the contestants exited and headed for a framed picture on the wall. Sunny was sitting on my shoulder, and i noticed we got some mean looks from the most competitive people. I looked at the framed photo and gasped. It was Sunshine and I! Afterwards, the director of the play called me over to speak with him. "Congrats! You were voted best! Now tell me, where did you catch that wonderful Espeon?" He asked in a kind, happy voice. "I hatched her as an Eevee from an egg i got for my third birthday. We were competing in a beauty contest outside one day when she evolved." He asked a few more questions and told me more things until he asked me this one question that i was deeply interested in. "Would you consider being a coordinator?" I was confused, and asked questions. "A coordinator is someone who enters competitions to earn ribbons to improve their title. Its to show off a pokemon's talents." He explained some more, and i could tell that Sunshine was interested, same as me. As i left the Musical, Storm caught up to me and congratulated me on my win. Night started to fall, so we hurried to the subway. I wasn't sure who i would use, but i decided on Sunny. She needed exercise after sitting around and saying lines. We headed off with heads held high, and we were sure we would win this. No doubt we would.