It's Okay, I'll Behave

Start from the beginning

"No, this society was quite advanced for its time. They have a complex system for routing water through underground clay pipes, pressurizing it, to make it flow when needed. He pointed to a ledge above the tub and said, "The water comes from there and when you are done, there is a screw at the bottom, then gravity takes over." He pointed to an adjoining room and said words she had never been happier to hear, "They use a similar system for flush toilets."

She stared at him in shock. "That is not possible. Indoor plumbing wasn't invented until the twentieth century."

"On the contrary my dear, many ancient civilizations devised complicated systems for water and waste transportation. The Greek civilization of Crete had similar clay piping in a well-organized water system, and the Mayans employed clever devices to also support indoor plumbing. I have no idea why civilizations seemed to revert back to rudimentary or no systems at all after that, but alas, humans..."

He showed her a cabinet full of beautiful bottles, containing all different colors and textures. He pulled out bottles that worked as shampoo and soap, and one that functioned as toothpaste.

Claire just stared, stunned at the similarities between this time and her own. Myrnin walked over to her and helped her ease out of the weapons and jacket she wore. She slipped the skirt off and then the dagger on her thigh, leaving her in the corset and skin tight pants. Myrnin stopped as he looked at her, and then took a deliberate step back.

"I am going to need to leave now."

"What?" Claire looked stricken.

"It's okay love. You are safe here. I won't be far and I definitely need to get my hunger under control in order for me to stay the night with you AND behave, as promised." His eyes were wistful and she could see the crimson begin to take over his irises, as he did not try to hide his admiration of her curves. She blushed deeply.

"Okay", she whispered as he walked out of the room.

Claire headed to the 'bathroom' first and was amazed at the little toilet looking thing. When she was done there, she quickly unbuckled all of the straps and eased herself out of the tight clothing, before climbing into the large tub, carefully avoiding all of the candles on the edge. There had to be a hundred candles lit all over the rooms – that must have been what the staff was doing to prepare the room, along with filling the tub. She leaned back in pleasure as the hot water soothed her skin. The tub was made out of some sort of smooth stone, she wondered if it was marble.

She thought idly about the necessity of the candles for lighting, but the effect looked like a honeymoon suite. She had been just introduced as his wife – and she did have a ring he had given her. Claire was beginning to hyperventilate and thought she would be no help at all if she drowned in the tub, so she forced herself to focus on the task at hand.

She let her head relax back under the water to wet her hair, and then selected the bottle Myrnin had indicated was shampoo. It did not have the same consistency that she was used to and did not bubble up, but it smelled wonderful and made her hair clean and smooth. To rinse it out, she twisted around to evaluate the spigot. She carefully turned the handle and let the water run just long enough to rinse her hair.

When she finished with the soap, she laid back, closed her eyes and was certain this was a little slice of heaven. Never in a million years would she have imagined herself here and now - with him. Her whole body tingled at the thought of him.

As if on cue, Myrnin walked back into the room, carrying a small tray. He stopped when he realized she was still in the bathtub and then set the tray down on a table. The tub was elevated off the floor so unless he came close, Claire knew he couldn't see her naked body.

Claire felt intoxicated – by this country, by this room and by him. She said softly, "Myrnin, what will I sleep in?"

He looked at her as though he didn't understand the question, then came back to his senses and pointed to the bag close to the tub on a delicate side table, as he settled into a chair, still at the other side of the large room.

"Thank you," she said as she raised herself up out of the tub and stepped down to the floor, reaching for a towel and wrapping it around her herself. She wasn't watching him, but she thought she heard him give a very low growl/moan and she knew he hadn't taken his eyes off of her. She marveled at his self-restraint, but at the same time, she was somewhat relieved. She wasn't sure if she was ready for the next step, and this – well ALL of this – had her mind completely altered.

She reached into the small bag to look at her options, which ranged from a little revealing to barely there. She smiled to herself, still facing away from him and let the towel drop to the floor.

She heard his sharp intake of breath. She selected the most modest one and slipped it over her head.

"Claire...you cannot do that," he said with acute restraint in his tone, "And still hope for me to...behave..."

"Okay," She said softly as she walked toward the other side of the room, where he was sitting. She thought he might break the chair with the clenched grip he was holding it. But the chair stayed intact. Claire investigated the tray and found to her delight – food – little sandwich things that were delicious. Then practically gulped down the cold water, which helped to clear her head a bit, and found that she was exhausted again. She climbed onto the high bed, covered in crisp white linens and pillows. It felt so soft. She thought she might fall asleep before her head hit the pillow. She closed her eyes and drifted off.