Chapter 7

Jaxon POV:
I opened my eyes blearily, groaned, and looked at the clock.

It's only 1pm... 1PM!? I'VE OVERSLEPT!!

I jumped out of bed, but crumpled to the ground as a searing pain started from my ass flew straight up my spine.

Why does my ass hurt like I've had se- oh.

I whimpered slightly, but stood up again (slower this time) and hobbled to the door.
I opened it and trudged down the stairs to the kitchen, where I could smell and wonderful scent of eggs and ham.
I turned the corner and entered the kitchen to a delicious sight.

My mates were at the stove, cooking food in sweat pants! Nothing else.
My eyes greedily drank the exquisite sight in front of me.

Almost makes me forgive them for ripping my ass in two.
Oh yeah, that's why I'm down here.

As I had my inner monologue, the twins noticed me and Remus moved to stand in front of me.

"Baby, you shouldn't be up. We hurt you a bit last night. Let me help you back to bed and you can have brunch in bed, OK?"

"Tempting, but no. I've had worse pain and I have a job to do."

I hobbled around Remus and sat at the table, watching Ross' back muscles twitch every time he moved.

"As much as we enjoy you watching us, we really want you to go back to bed and relax." Ross chuckled as he turned to face me.

"I can't do that, I have wolves to feed and release. I've left them for almost three days, I can't keep them waiting."

"But we've just mated. You're still sore- don't hide it- and tired. Please just stay in bed another hour, then we'll help you out."

They are so pushy!

"Fine, ONE hour, then you guys help me with my jobs. Have you seen to Jessie and James?"

"Fed and playing with your indoor wolves."

"Young wolves, but good. I'll head to bed and I expect that food up in 10 minutes." I winked and swayed my hips as I left the kitchen.

I felt arms around my waist and I giggled as I was lifted onto a shoulder. A scent confirmed it to be Ross as he smacked my butt.

"Little devil."
And I was taken upstairs again.

###
Sex is tiring.
It's now almost 6 in the evening and my butt aches more than this morning, my stomach feels full on something not food related, and I feel slightly anxious as my wolves have not had their normal routine today.
Ross and Remus had their massive arms wrapped around my waist and even with their even breaths and calming pheromones in the air, I was still anxious for my wolves.

What if one of the elders couldn't rest. What if one of the new adults were restless. What if my young pups needed another feed before bed?
No. I need to check.

I gingerly removed both their arms and snuck out the room before walking downstairs and out of the house.
I grabbed some meat and brushed past each fence.

"Hey guys. Sorry it's late, I just wanted to check you all." I whispered to all my wolves as they quickly noticed me. I fed them some of the meat before moving on towards the next wolves.

In each enclosure, the wolves yipped when they spotted me and came bounding over, tails wagging and their floppy tongues out. Their yips in turn alerted the enclosure next door and they would meet me just as excitedly. As I made my rounds, I reached the last enclosure, my wolves to be released. They all greeted me, but seemed more alert to something in the enclosure. I felt the wariness roll off each wolf, which in turn set my own off as I slipped into the enclosure to check it out.

The wolves refused to go into their section of trees and two growled in warning at the suspected intruder, crowding around my feet as a barrier between me and the intruder.
I sniffed the air, but the wind was behind me, pushing any scents away.

"Ahh, the famous house cat who looks after his enemies." A voice hissed from the trees, startling me and my cat, who bristled and hissed in my head.

"I am a large feline thank you. And an enemy is one who has done something to make you despise them. My wolves have done non the sort."

"Well then, a wolf lover as well. Tell me, is it true that in the cat shifter world, if a male is born from two different cat subspecies, they are fertile?"

"And if I conformed it?"

"Then you are perfect for our King."

"Then I disagree."

"Get him."

And six rouges leapt out of the trees.

"Wolves!" I scream and my wolves leapt into action, each taking on a rouge, leaving the voice alone to defeat the more pressing dangers.

The voice stepped out of the trees, revealing a man looking in his late 40's with long,  greasy black hair and dull eyes.

"If you come with us quietly, no one will get hurt."

"Though you've taken the time to learn about cat shifters, you've forgotten a few things," I strode confidently closer. "A male mixed breed cat shifter can produce cubs, but only when they meet their mate or mates. Anyone else will die upon trying. And also, it depends on the sub-species bred if they are fertile or not. From your previous sentence, you probably did very basic research and didn't fully read into it, so you probably feel very stupid at this moment in time."

"Shut up! Even so, you haven't met your mate yet, giving us the opportunity to test it." He smirked.

"Did you not hear me the first time?! Do you need to clean your ears out?! If they are not the cat shifter's mate, then they will DIE. And also, that's where you're wrong, I've found my MATES," I smiled. "You are now at a disadvantage," I pointed to the now dead rogues and my wolves sitting behind me. "I will give you three minutes to leave my property and let your king know I am not available. Ever. Like, come on man, I have fricken swollen bite marks quite obviously placed on my neck, what else could it be apart from mating marks?"

He glared at me. "We will get you." And he ran off back into the trees.

I looked at the bodies. I'll need to clean that up tomorrow.

Stroking my wolves, I thanked them with some more meat before heading to the enclosure door. On touching the door, my stomach dropped and I ran to a corner as I threw my breakfast up.
Already? That was fast...
I stood and dusted myself off.

"Jaxon!" I looked up to see my mates on the other side of the enclosure sprinting towards me.

"Hey guys-"

"Don't hey us, we were so worried when we woke up and couldn't find you in the house! We left the house and smelled rogues, did they hurt you?"

I exited the enclosure and had hands feeling my body, checking for injuries.

"I am fine. I'm sorry for not informing you both, but you were both so cute sleeping that I didn't want to wake you. I was worried for my wolves, as I normally keep to the same routine, I just wanted some peace of mind. Yes. I did see the rogues, but my wolves took care of them, I didn't touch one rouge, and they didn't touch me." Which is true...
I kept from mentioning the man. I don't see him as a threat to our relationship, only to my wolves and my mates don't need to be involved with that.

I touched their cheeks, pulling their attention to my face.

"I'm sorry yet again. Nothing happened, I am perfectly fine. I'm tired, let's just go to bed. Please." I gave them my cute kitten eyes (hasn't failed me yet).

They both sighed before leading me back to the house to go back to bed.