Chapter 1

3rd POV:
"I'm home boys! Come for dinner."
Excited yips sounded around the small cottage until 6, 1- year- old wolves bounded to the entrance to jump and lick at the mans face.
"Haha, hey guys. Come on, I've got dinner for us." He holds up a large deer, freshly killed and sliced slightly, making it easier to tear into.

The 6 wolves followed the man to the kitchen, where a large plastic mat was already out across the floor. He laid the deer on the floor and the wolves pounced on it, grabbing large amounts and moving away to eat in peace.
The man then got some of the meat and went to a different room, where some pups laid curled up together, but yipped excitedly when they noticed the mans presence.

"Hey guys, look what I've got for you."
Small chunks were passed to the pups, who ate them happily.
The man smiled happily at the pups before turning to eat his own, slightly more humane ham sandwich.

This is Jaxon, a feline shifter. He runs the local sanctuary for abandoned wolves and wolf pups, though he is good with kittens as well if necessary.

Yes, we know that it does sound strange, "A feline shifter, running a wolf sanctuary?!"
But as you've read in the description, it helps the wolves with respecting the wildlife (which has saved more then 3/4 of the wolves he took in to then release).

Anyway...

As soon as he fed the pups, the phone rang, creating a shrill noise throughout the house.
The pups whined, but settled quickly as Jaxon grabbed the phone.

"Hello?"
"Is this Jaxon of the wolf sanctuary?"
"Speaking."
"Hello, I am Sharron Bailey and I'm calling to report two stray wolf pups in my house. There is no mother around and the pups look very malnourished and damp."
"Give me your address and I shall be there shortly."
He took the address and headed to his range rover.

Wolf rescue time!

***

Jaxon pulled up outside a small cottage pushed against a forest. As soon as he closed the truck door, the front door opened and a old lady came out.

"Thank you for coming so quickly. I gave the pups some water, but I was not sure if I should feed them or not."
"It is fine, Sharron. I can take it from here. Thank you for looking after them till I came, can you please show me to them?"

Sharron lead the way and Jaxon could hear two whining pups.
They both entered the living room and Jaxon instantly spotted the two pups curled up in the corner of the room.
A strong scent caught his attention and he stared at the pups for a second.

"I'll go collect them now, thank you yet again for giving me a call." Jaxon smiled at the old woman.
"It's nothing, I just hope they can be released soon."
"I'm sure their mom or dad will find them soon and if not, I'll look after them till they are old enough."
Jaxon scooped up the whining pups and held them to his neck. The two nuzzled into each side and their whimpers started to get quieter.
Jaxon quickly headed to his truck and placed them in the back, starting the truck, but not pulling out the driveway.
"If you want to shift now, that's fine. I have towels in here and clothing at home that should fit you."
He turned to look at the road and heard sickening cracking noises behind him, but he didn't turn around.
"Um... Sir?" A small voice whispered, allowing Jaxon to turn around to come face to face with two adorable little boys.
He handed them two towels to wrap around themselves.
"Hey little ones. I'm Jaxon, and I will be looking after you until your parents find you. I'll send out emails to nearby packs when we get home... Unless you know what your pack is called?" Jaxon smiled reassuringly at the two, who huddled to each other on the back seat.

"B-black s-star w-w-wolf pack." One stuttered out, terrified.
"You do not have to be scared of me. I look after wolf shifter pups who have lost their parents and actual wolves. Would you like to see some wolves?"
The two seem to light up and nodded eagerly.