"You were seriously worried for my safety?" He laughed in her face, sitting up in his chair so he could get a could look at her confused and somewhat hurt expression, "if you really cared you wouldn't have run off."

"Run off? What are you talking about?" She knew he was drunk, but this was obviously something he thought she would've known.

"You do know what I'm talking about, Kate, but why you refuse to admit it, I don't know. Oh yeah I do, you want me to tell you why?" He taunted.

"Yes."

"Because you're ashamed."

"Ashamed? What do I have to be ashamed of?" She took and shall step closer to him and watched as he gulped the rest of his drink,  before slamming it down on the table, to the point where Kate jumped at the noise.

"You're funny." He winked.

"I'm going to need a little more here if you're going to need me to admit to something that I don't even know I did."

"You do know what you did, and I don't know what went through your mind when you did it. You obviously knew I would find out eventually." He chuckled to himself, widening his eyes.

"When I did what!" She yelled, her patience snapping at his childish behavior that she had and wanted no time for.

"When you cheated on me!" He yelled even louder, standing up from his chair, and towering over her.

Kate was frozen. Had she heard correctly? Did he just accuse her of cheating? Her cheating on him. Anger boiled underneath her skin, but she knew better than to release it now, she knew better, she knew better. He should've known better before he decided to drown his feelings in alcohol, instead of confronting her about it like a mature adult.

Her voice came out battered and hurt, "You thought I cheated on you?" She was suppressing her anger with pain.

"Didn't you." He said more of a statement than a question pouring himself another glass.

Kate at that moment in time, couldn't contain her rage. She reached out in front of her and smacked the glass half filled with Scotch, out of Castle's hand and watched as it shattered onto the floor, watching as the liquid formed around the wood floors, and soaking into the shag rug.

"No, I didn't cheat on you!" She yelled, "you're lucky I didn't throw that drink in your face!" She turned to walk ont of the room when she felt a hand grab her wrist and pull her back in. It was a firm hold but it didn't hurt. She knew that no matter what state of mind Castle was in he would never hurt her. At least she hoped.

"Do you expect me to believe you?" He somewhat fumed. Which only made the fire in Kate rise. How could he say that? How dare he stand there and accuse her of cheating, and then accuse her of lying about it!

"You're drunk Castle! You wouldn't believe me even if I took a lie detector test! You know how long it took me to let you in and yet you still have no clue what kind of person I am," her voice retorted to a small whimper, "did those books do nothing for you? Did you learn nothing on all those stories I told you?"

"Stories," he released her hand and pointed in directly in her face, "as in made up, as in lies. You're whole life is a story. You're a lie."

She couldn't contain herself and let her hand connect with his right cheek. As good as it felt, and as much as it released some anger, she knew it was the wrong decision, so she turned to leave. Rick just followed her holding his cheek. She had opened the door about to slam it when he called out to her, "Suppose you didn't lie." He muttered, stumbling to a halt.