Chapter 10

(A/N: Hey everyone! I wanted to send a quick shout out to several people! Stars-Are-Awesome, NickoleHeart, blackcat2995, AlexandraRusso7, and Layne5272 !! Thank you guys for liking my story, I'm so glad that you do! Alright, let's get back to it!! Oh and, P.S? I am no doctor, obviously lol. I looked up several surgery procedures, but I couldn't find the one I wanted or one that fit the description. So in conclusion, I made everything up)

~~~

"Hey sleepy head," Curt chuckled suddenly, making me whip my head towards the once sleeping Dick away from the window. "How do you feel?"

"Groggy," the dark haired teen groans softly. He ruffles his hair making his locks stick up in several places. "What time is it?"

"Around eleven, eleven-thirty in the afternoon." Dick nods slightly. I watch as his eyes sweep the room, before locking with mine. His shoulders relax visibly, and his groggy frown morphs into a gentle smile. "How long have you been here?"

I calculate in my head for how long he has been here, and subtract about an hour. "Since elevenish last night."

"You've been here for twelve hours?! Holy shit Kris, go home! Curt, Em, take her home please!" Dick exclaims loudly. He coughs right afterwards making the three of us giggle softly.

"Calm those horses down, cowboy," I retort jokingly, walking over to his bedside. Dick takes my hand in his and squeezes gently. His own handsome smile dances briskly.

"Kris, as glad that I am that you're here, you should go home."

"And why's that?"

"To do homework, to eat some food, to take a shower, to have some-"

"Oh, so I smell bad?" I scoff, placing my hand on my chest with sass. The sleeve of my mother's sweatshirt flops over to cover my hand.

"No, no! No!" Emily, Curtis, and I all laugh at the now pink-cheeked Dick. "Th-That's not what I meant!"

"I know, I'm just pulling your leg." I nod and smile gratefully when Emily offers me a ride home. I wrap my arms around Dick's shoulders in a hug, careful not to injure him even further. "I'll see you later, Dick."

Dick chuckles softly and kisses my cheek. I break away and quickly hug Curtis a goodbye as well. I'm surprised he hugs back so quickly. "Drive safely, you two."

Emily kisses her boyfriend goodbye before we walk out of Dick's hospital room. The two of us walk down the hallway towards the parking lot in silence; a nice silence, not an awkward one. I can tell Em was about to say something, before a voice booms, "KRIS!"

I jump slightly, Barbra's abrupt voice still bouncing off the white walls of the hospital. Hesitantly, I turn to face her, only to feel the bright sting of a slap on my cheek. "You fucking bitch!"

"Barbra! What the hell?!" Emily yells, standing inbetween the two of us.

"You almost killed him! YOU ALMOST KILLED HIM! HE'S MINE!" Barbra continues to shout, attempting to swing at me as Emily holds her back. Eventually, Barbra slips through Emily's grasp and lunges at me. I'm so in shock, I don't fight back. I remember feeling the bruise on my cheek grow and my arms like jello. Barbra let the punches fly like crazy, and I couldn't fight back, even though every nerve in my body was screaming to. "DICK IS MINE! I LOVE HIM, NOT YOU! STAY AWAY FROM HIM!"