Chapter 14

(Continuing right where we left off on Chapter 13)

"Ugghh tikki what have I done?!!" Marionette said hitting her head frustrated.

"You were just upset! It's natural to feel emotions."

"I just took out all my anger on him! Ughhh so stupid!!" Marionette said throwing herself on the bed.

"But now I need to make it up to him!" Marinette said sitting up.

"How are you going to do that??"

"Baking always cheers people up."

"That's a great idea." Tikki said enthusiastically.

"But maybe it's time to show him who I really am. So that he knows I trust him."

"Are you sure Marinette?" Tikki asked.

"It's time."

•••

"Kid I kinda think you're overreacting!" Plagg taking a bite of Camembert.

"It's just that sometimes this is frustrating. Would I give it up? No! Sometimes I think you're right." Adrien said laying on his bed.

"What was that?" Plagg said getting all cocky.

"I'm not repeating myself."

"So what are you gonna do at night patrol tonight?"

"Idk wing it."

"I knew I rubbed off on you somehow!" Plagg said laughing.

" Be quiet!" Adrien said, joining in on the laughter.

•••

Marinette spent the whole afternoon baking goods in her kitchen and then bringing them to the Eiffel Tower later for night patrol. When she finally finished, she transformed and swung out of her house. Luckily, her parents were out on a business trip for a couple days.

She arrived a few minutes before the duos meet-up to make every detail perfect. She had to make it up to him. Deep down, she missed having him around. He gave her comfort. It was now her turn to return the favor.

Adrien was nervous for night patrol. He didn't like how he left things. His mind was trying to figure how he would make it up to her but once he arrived at the Eiffel Tower, he was left in awe. Decorative lights shined all around as well as lanterns and picnic blankets on the floor, with goodies all over them. And right in the middle of it all, was her.

"I hope this does make up for my behavior this afternoon." Ladybug laughed, as she cracked a joke to clear the tension.

"It definitely does. Although I was kinda overreacting." Cat Noir said as he scratched his neck.

"Shall we begin" ladybug said pointing at everything around her.

"We shall!"

•••

The duo spent the night in laughter and chatter, while the city of Paris had a peaceful night. Flirtatious remarks here and there. The two seemed to have a blast. Now it was time for a moment of truth.

"There's something I've been meaning to show you!" Ladybug said standing up.

Rolling over on his stomach, Cat Noir asked

"What is it?"

"It's time to show you who I really am."

Cat Noir widened his eyes. He had been waiting to here those words and experience this moment for a long time.

"Ladybug you don't have to if you don't want to. You don't have to do this for me." He said even though that wasn't entirely true.

"I trust you." Ladybug smiled at Cat Noir and then took a step back.

She closed her eyes and took a breath. A bright light flashed before his eyes. He opened them and saw her. The real her.

The world stayed still for what seemed an eternity. She was beautiful and truly brave.

"Marinette! You're ladybug?!" Cat Noir said shocked. He was surprised for sure but not disappointed. Never disappointed in his lady.

"Surprise" Marinette said with a cheeky smile, while Cat Noir stood there in shock.

"I hope you're not disappointed that's it me." She said looking at her feet.

As if it was instinct Cat Noir walked up to her and lifted her face up.

"I could never be disappointed. You're everything I hoped you be." Cat Noir said smiling, his eyes beaming bright.

"A total klutz?" Marionette sighed.

"No! A brave and loyal person who is caring about others. Willing to put herself at risk for the sake of others. And you're not Chloe." Marinette chuckled.

Cat Noir took a step back and a bright flash shined bright. Marinette held her eyes shut and covered them with her hands.

"Marinette, why are you covering your eyes?" Adrien chuckled.

"Are you sure you want me to know who you are? If I see you, we will both know each other's identities!" Marionette said sounding nervous. She didn't think that he would be willing to reveal his identity. This was all happening so fast for her.

" That is something I can live with! I want you to see me. The real me." Adrien said as he removed Marinette's hands from her eyes and held them with his.

Marinette was hesitant but alas she opened her eyes. She couldn't believe her eyes. The boy she has liked for so long had been the black cat all along. She was completely shocked. She saw that he was holding her hands, she was blushing.

"Now we know who we really are!" Adrien said staring into Marinette's eyes.

"No turning back from here." Marinette said as she stared into his.

Both getting lost in each other's eyes, leaned in. Craving the love of the other since they took a liking in them. He would finally kiss his lady and she, her prince. When their lips touched sparks flew all around, like fireworks.

The day was a win for the duo in the city of Love. Paris.

Love wins all.

•••

Hello. I'm back after not updating this book for three months. I hope you still enjoy this book. I also hope you enjoyed this chapter, I really like it. Share with your friends if you like it and add to your reading lists. Don't be shy! I would really appreciate it. This book is almost at an end. See you in the epilogue!

Over and out

Sammie