Chapter 17

I was on the phone with Will. We've been talking for the past two hours. We exchanged numbers the night on my birthday.

"You know, there's actually a possibility of the earth being flat." I told Will on the other end.

"There's no scientific about that yet." He answered. "But there is one scientific fact about..."

"About?"

"About me, William Cooper being madly in love with you, Julia Greene."

I fell silent. I felt the hot sensation on the apples of my cheeks.

Will laughed. "It's true Julia. It's a scientific fact."

"Stop making me feel this stupid spark." I said. "This spark's annoying."

"And when does it usually happen?" He asked.

"Whenever I'm with you. Or whenever I'm just simply talking to you."

It was his turn to be silent.

I laughed.

Will finally spoke. "Hey, uhh...Ralph and I will be skateboarding  tomorrow at the park. Do you want to come?"

"I can't. I don't know how to skate."

"Don't worry. I'll be by your side to catch you whenever you fall."

I rolled my eyes. "You're the cheesiest person ever."

"What? What I mean is that I'll catch you whenever you fall from the skateboard so you won't fall flat on your butt." He explained.

"Oh."

Well this is embarrassing.

I cleared my throat. "Is Lora going to be there?"

"Yeah. She'll be there. Ralph told her about it and she's down for it."

"Okay then. I'll go."

"What made you change your mind?"

"If Lora's going, then I'm going. It's our sister rule."

"So you're going with us because Lora is there? Not because I'm going?" He asked jokingly.

"Oh shut up Will."

"I'm just kidding. So it's settled then. Lora, Ralph, you and I will be there at the park. 9 o'clock in the morning. I'll pick you up."

"Okay then."

I heard the front door close downstairs. Aunt Carla's already back from grocery shopping.

"I need to go now. I'll be helping Aunt Carla with dinner."

"Bye." He stopped. "I love you."

I couldn't control the smile on my face. "Bye. I love you too."

Then I hung up.

***

I helped Aunt Carla cook pot roast for dinner. It looked so good that I had to take a picture and post it on Tumblr.

It was time for dinner

It was time for dinner. I ate a chunk of it and savored the deliciousness.

"You added too much salt." Ashlee complained. "I hate it."

"Eat your food." I commanded. "There are a lot of starving kids out there who need food."

"And will eating this satisfy their hunger?" She snapped.

"Ashlee, stop with the attitude." Aunt Carla said. "And start acting mature."

Ashlee fell silent and stabbed her pot roast with her fork angrily with a pout on her face.

"Auntie," I looked up at Aunt Carla. "Will's gonna pick me up tomorrow at 9. We're going skateboarding."

Her face brightened and a smirk plastered on her face. "Will? The boy you kissed?"

My eyes widened. "What? How did you know we kissed?"

She laughed silently. "I was just staring at you two from behind the window when Will walked you home today."

My cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

"Oooooh! Julia already has a boyfriend! I knew it! The heavens have answered my prayers! I'm going to be an aunt!" Ashlee shrieked with joy. Her high pitched voice was deafening.

I sipped on my glass of orange juice. "We're not married Ash."

"Well not yet."

I ignored her.

"Look who's blushing." Aunt Carla said. "I thought you promised yourself to never have feelings for someone. Like, ever."

I shrugged. "I don't know what happened. Since the day I saw Will at the church three months ago, there's been a feeling inside me that lurked. After my birthday, it just...happened. I was in love with Will."

"So that's when it started? After your birthday?"

"No. It started the day after I first saw him."

Ashlee sighed. "Your love story is absolutely cute!"

I carried my plate to the sink. "So, can I go to the park tomorrow at 9?" I asked.

"Absolutely. But, don't you have school tomorrow?"

"We don't. Tomorrow, the teachers will be having their faculty meeting."

I sat on the living room couch and scrolled down on my Facebook news feed and went to the search bar.

William Cooper I typed.

I clicked on Will's profile. I smiled when I clicked to view on his profile picture. It was him and I. His arm wrapped around my waist to pull me in like a hug. My hand at the back of his neck to pull him closer.

Lora took the photo in her phone and sent it to Will. We didn't even notice that she snapped the picture.

I shook my head and saved the picture and cropped it to make it my wallpaper.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Vote, Comment and Share

With so much love and chicken nuggets,

Brit❤