Chapter 13 - Edited

An hour later, I confirmed to myself and to the people at the table that I was pregnant with a food baby. I loosened the ribbon that went across my waist to give space for my bloated stomach. I was nourished with delicious food surrounded by my friends (minus that stupid William) and family. I couldn't have asked for more.

I was playing Candy Crush for the rest of the night even after the host announced that it was time for dancing. I couldn't move my hips even if my life depended on it; I was built like a Froot Loops box. Lora on the other hand was at the bar chugging down shots like it was nothing. Her parents didn't notice this because their daughter was good at hiding from adults when she drank.

Ralph, Will, and I remained seated at the table, and I noticed Ralph watching over Lora from afar. I like him for her. I didn't know what made me say that but there's something about Ralph's aura that gave off a sense of comfort. I couldn't leave him and her alone yet, that's for sure. I've known him for only two weeks so it's better to stay safe for now.

I smiled at the sight before looking down at my phone to continue my game. I cursed as I mistakenly swiped the wrong candy and lost my move.

"And you call me the loser," I heard William scoff. He's been watching me play this whole time?

"Mind your damn business, you creep," I snapped at him. "I don't even know why I invited you here in the first place."

"Well neither do I," he told me, his eyes wandering off to the dancefloor.

I sighed and locked my phone. "Well, I wish I didn't."

He gave me a distasteful look. "Same."

I can't believe him. It was supposed to be my birthday, why couldn't he be a jerk on any other day? Sighing, I played with the leftover food on my plate with my fork. I wish I could stab him with the damn fork. "You're such a pain in the ass," I muttered.

He stared down at his own phone. "At least I have an ass."

My eyes widened in disbelief, I had to put the goddamn fork down. Am I that flat? And does he actually watch my behind?

Without looking up from his mindless phone scrolling, "No, I don't check you out," he informed as if he read my mind.

I didn't buy it. I leaned on my seat, defeated. "Why are you such a jerk?" I was already pissed and just wanted to down some orange juice and get to bed. I didn't want a party in the first place. I took the fork and stabbed him lightly on the arm and to my surprise, his arms were made of rocks, even my fork couldn't penetrate through it.

He snatched the fork from my grasp and leaned towards me without breaking eye contact. I'm pretty sure I smelled a hint of his scent. It was made of fresh soap and expensive cologne. "You tell me, Cooper."

I bit the insides of my cheeks in frustration. Does this man not know what personal space is? I pushed his chest away. "Geez, leave some room for Jesus," I deadpanned and he retracted and went back to his phone.

Weirdo.

After that odd situation, I found out that Ralph was no longer at the table and that's when I realized that he's been waving at us from the bar. Will and I finally noticed and so I picked up my purse and raced towards them with Will tailing behind. We reached Lora and Ralph and I could see Ralph's cheeks that tinged pink that somehow matched Lora's flushed cheeks. Except Lora's were from her drunkness and Ralph's were from his little crush.

"Help," was the only word Ralph could exhale despite Lora's heaviness. She may be petite but that girl packs muscles more than the boys in our class so she'd weighed more than what Ralph expected.