Chapter 1.

Jack

What a wonderful day I've been having. As in wonderful I mean terrible. I hate this highschool, I hate this class, I hate this old bat I mean teacher I have.

"Mr.Barakat!" My English teacher shouted at me causing the class to laugh. Yeah I'm really popular. "What?"

I have lost all respect for the teachers here and honestly they don't want to deal with me.

"I asked if you did my homework." She snapped back quickly. "Did you grade my test?" I asked back quickly and snappily. "I have other students test to grade." She stated in a matter of fact tone like I had nooo idea she had any other students. "And I have other teachers homework to do sooo." And the daily battle begins. This is a regular thing,mostly in this class though.

"You don't have a lot of work compared to me." she said and she probably didn't expect the response from me to be so well true. "You chose to be a teacher you get paid. I am being forced here! Isn't that against the law to hold people against their will?" I shouted back. "Mr.Barakat for the last time-" she started. "Jack. My name is Jack. Do not use my surname." I said getting up from my chair. "There is still 45 minutes of this class left." she said to me. "Let him go no one wants him here anyways." some guy said. Yeah some guy who's name I didn't know affected me. I started to storm out. "Jack. Don't forget to meet up here after school. So I can drive you." she said not even defending me against the guy at least she didn't say what for. "Don't forget pills Jack!" A girl named Danielle said. I rolled my eyes and left.

So there you have it guys. I'm not the most liked person,honestly I'm probably the most disliked person. I don't mean it as in 'I have 35 friends but none of them can hang Saturday I hate my life #swag' I mean it as 'I'm the guy with weird hair that has two friends and one parent. Listens to the weird bands and my locker has been connected to my face more times in a week then more then a guy has in my entire life.' I sighed pulling on my green day hoodie. That meeting with Therapist,there is only one reason for me doing this is so I won't fail. I plugged in my headphones listening to whatever shuffle played. It started with Clicks by Good Charlotte. Funny how relevant it is. Well expect for the fact of me having a click to belong to.

I felt a coldness over me. I looked up, stupid vent. Then I ran flat into someone. Smooth Jack real smooth. That's when I looked up once again. A boy with brown hair and brown eyes to compliment it.

"H-h-h-hi." I stuttered. Damn Jack.

"Hi." he said helping me up. "Why aren't you in class?" he asked. "Pissed off my teacher. How about you?" "The teachers didn't see me." he stated. "What's your name anyway?" I asked as we started walking towards the cafe in the school. "Alex." "Jack." I nodded. "I know we just met by why are you hanging out with me?" I asked. Well I just fucked that up. "Because you seem cool?" he questioned. "You haven't been here long." I stated. "What do you mean?" "I'm the local 'I'm gonna rape you if you turn around.' kid that's the 'emo' kid which I hate that word and I'm rambling and I'll shut up." He chuckled. We stopped by the cafe in the school. "What do you want?" I asked. "Nothing I'm fine." he said. I gave him a look and he nodded. I ordered a coffee and we sat down and started talking but it was getting hard to breathe so I started coughing. Alex backed up a little and I stopped. "You okay?" He asked. "Yeah I just felt suffocated for a second." That's when I saw it. The two sprits that haunt the school Vic and Kellin. Kellin started doing a little dance. Alex laughed.

"You can see spirits?" I asked quickly. "Um yeah." he chuckled softy. "Jack!" Vic shouted. I swear if that boy was jumpy alive id probably would have taken away all sugar. "Yes Vic?" I asked and Alex got a little devil smile then looked at me like I was a nut job. "How's it going,who's this guy,im gonna mess with him." Jack said. "Kellin leave him alone." I started. "Who's Kellin?" Alex asked. "The guy in front of me." "We are the only two in the hallway." He is so not gonna pretend that...Alex I'll kill you. "Oh he can't see us." Vic said floating up. They don't walk they float. "What's his name?" Vic asked. "Alex." "What?" Alex questioned to make it seem like he didn't know anyone was there. That ass. I just shot him a look. "Hey Alex,I'm quick,im cool,I rule,I'm dead,i haven't slept in my own bed. I hope you don't mind I'm a queer and your hair is to perfect it's weird." Vic rapped while Kellin beat boxed. "Why thank you." Alex said causing Kellin's beat boxing to stop. "You can see us?" Alex didn't respond. "Answer them Alex." I said. "Answer who?" "You know that's just cruel." I said.

"Y'all are fighting like an old married couple. Which one of you is the girl?" Kellin asked causing not only mine but Alex's protests against the fact that we were not together or that which one of us would be the girl. Just then two girls walked by and mumbled weirdo.

Okay? Is it just me or can I not talk to a living human being. Yes I'm talking to two dead ones but that's not the case at the moment.

After a while Kellin and Vic disappeared and Alex waved bye saying he had to get somewhere. I shrugged and when Alex left I noticed it wasn't as cold as it was when he was here I looked to see I was passing a heater in the hallway what is with Alex appearing when hot and cold air showed up.

Speaking of the devil I saw him in the hallway but people didn't notice him. Did someone just walk threw him? You are seeing things Jack. I blinked and he was gone. Just seeing things.

I got back to my class and my teacher smiled softly. "Ready to go." No. You old bat I do not want to tell some stranger my feelings so they can give me a fake smile and fake compassion to get paid for an hour to listen to stories from kids that they couldn't give a shit about. "Yeah." So much for talking about feelings.

We got to her car and she drove me to the therapist and I told her my house was around the corner and I could walk home.

I walked in and I froze there was this very scary woman.

"Ello may I help you?" Ahhhhhhh okay? Ummm "I,I'm,I,Um,Im here to see Doctor.Spencer."

She looked up my name or I guess who was suppose to be in there. "Jack Barakat." "Would you believe me if I said no?" She gave me a look and I felt like I was getting sent to hell like my soul was getting ripped from me and taken to the fire pits of hell. "Room 546 down the hallway." I nod. "Wait what's your name." Her eyes lost their small spark. "Isobel Gaskarth."