10. I'm Waiting ~Sam~ Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Look, Samuel, I know you want us to be back together again, but it won't work. Your mother changed." I took JB and climbed out of the car. I didn't thank him. That's why I don't like talking or being around him, he doesn't even try. If he did, everything would be so different.

JB luckily doesn't look like Drake's child. We both got mom's eyes. Blue. Everyone says that I look like my dad, but he has brown eyes. My dad isn't a bad person, he's a bad father.

A real father wouldn't just leave his child and wife to care for himself. A good father would've done anything to keep them safe. He would've protected both of them. A father would be there for his son.

"Come on JB let's get you some food." I made her some noodles which she ate and she went to bed herself after that. She did that all without her bottle. She's growing up too fast.

I think the reason I don't call her Jelly Bean anymore is that JB sounds much cooler now and she's growing up. Yeah, that's all.

I'm actually shocked that Hailey agreed to the deal. I thought that she would decline the offer, but she always surprises me.

She called me Sam, she called me Sammy. It did felt weird when she said it, but a good weird. Samuel, she says to spite me, but as complicated as it might sound, I like it when she calls me that. Maybe I should also start calling her pet names, Hay, Lee, Hazel, Westie? I don't know, but it doesn't fit her.

I don't know why she always liked to be called Hay. I've noticed that she now introduces herself as Hailey and she doesn't say that I should stop calling her Hailey. Strange.

Haystack.

Haylo.

Hailey.

It was getting late and I was starting to worry about mom. Maybe she's just on a long shift today? I hope she is.

I did homework. Sam Gibson did homework. This is a rare opportunity guys, observe it. I made her food and I sat waiting, waiting, I'm still waiting.

I heard the front door open. Then a stumble and then she switches the light on, "Where were you?"

She turned around and face me. "Sammy! You're home, I was just working." She gave me a hug.

"You reek."

"Don't let me get started with you." I glared at her.

"You forgot."

"But I left you a message to tell you to pick her up, didn't I?" No.

"You're drunk."

"So! It's not like I've never seen you drunk! You and your girls, by the way, is there one waiting for you in your room?" If she wasn't my mom or a lady I wouldn't regret punching her.

"You say stupid things when you're drunk."

"What do they always say? A drunk man's words- I can't remember but it's something about truth."

"Why are you drunk?"

"It's your f****** father. He did this to me. To us. He left me for that-" I covered her mouth before she could say anything else.

"This isn't the first time mom. Here," I hand her a bottle of water. "Drink up, take a shower and go to bed, I'll bring your food." I grabbed the bottle which I haven't noticed in her hand. "You're going to regret this tomorrow."

She took the water bottle and left the kitchen. "Thanks, Sam." I looked at the bottle in my hand, thinking, and then pour all the rubbish down the drain. Thanks for doing this to me again, mom. "Oh and Sam, your father has children too."