During the merger when Adina met Derrick it was instant, I was happy and jealous that she had found her mate.

All day she had complained that her wolf Lisa was on edge, I remember that it was like her entire being was led, controlled by her little nose.  I followed her unable to look away at the magic of finding your mate; the minute her eyes landed on him and him on her everyone else seemed to disappear.

Derrick instantly pulled Adina into his arms; I can clearly remember him whispering one word while she did the same.

“MINE.” He said.

“MATE.” She whispered, then he kissed her. It was chaste but still…

After witnessing that I wanted that as well, but my mind quickly changed when Chris walked into the room the first time. Even at 19 he was beautifully breathtaking and I wished instantly that he were my mate. Even after looking directly into his eyes, shaking his hand and not feeling the sparks mates’ felt when they touched did not make me give up on him. Over many years I only wanted, loved him more, but still held in mind that one day I’d meet my mate. A single person made just for me, which would make me instantly forget feelings for any previous suitors. With that in mind I hid my feelings until college.

After things settled down with he pack merger both of our parents decided that we could all go away to school, just not too far from home.

Chris, Lucy and I were freshmen while Adina, Martin and Derrick were already juniors. Having women in school was still a new thing at the time but still we were all together. After transferring from one college to another, both Martin and Lucy found their respective mates, leaving Chris and I as the only two unmated in our group at school.

No one could understand my devotion to him over the years, but I knew him better than anybody else. The first years at university were tough, he brought girl and girl home for random hookups which was unheard of but still he was handsome not many could reject him. However he never promised anyone any type of real possible relationship. Most times it would be just him and I hanging out, him talking about girls to me, hurting me but never knowing it. Chris spent an abundance of his time attending different courses, medical classes where I did not. Despite that though we had many things in common and all the time together just brought us closer until his first residency. That was when my family or some of my family I should say all clued in that I was in love with him but he did not completely see me the same way.

I knew that he found me beautiful but not enough I had always thought. When he decided to go to medical school after graduation and all the other went back to the pack I stayed with him. We were like the perfect married couple and I let that delusion run way too far. Whitefire, our pack owned a winery so there was always a bottle or two around our house. Once after losing a patient Chris came home, we both had too much too drink and one thing led to another and that night I lost my virginity to Chris.