“Bailey, Michael can you guys go in first and I’ll help Kayla in after I hand you Michelle and Nicole. Okay boys?”

Silently they slowly removed themselves from Kayla and climbed into the van. I handed them the twins and slowly stood next to Kayla. I could feel Masons eyes on me and wondering with my injuries how I was going to pick her up and help her into the van, how he could help.

Biting my lips, to hold in any screams, gasps or whimpers then I slowly brought myself down to her eye level.

“Kayla I know you’re hurting but I can’t lift you in and you’re going to be in more pain if you try to get in by yourself. So can you please let Mason just lift you in so you do not hurt yourself more sweetheart?” I whispered while imploring with my eyes to let him help her.

Her eyes cut to Mason and quickly back to mine and nodded not moving her head very much.

Mason came forward one hand on her back his other hand slowly moving beneath her knees to lift her and place her in the van. Kayla began crying out in pain as Mason gently laid her down, positioning her head on Bailey’s right thigh.

He stepped back and was heading back towards the house and it was then I noticed that he had black containers near the van and some that were already near the house we were being held prisoner in.

“What are you going to do?”

“Burn this shithole down. Get rid of evidence and trail of what was going on here.”

My expression must have been confused because Mason said, “I can smell that some of the people he has brought here have been werewolves not just humans. If I do not burn it down and they think you escaped they may come after you to ensure it does not get out that they were involved or participated in this.”

“So everyone that’s hurt us will get away with everything?” I asked. I could remember everyone that hurt us and try to keep us safe but what if he or she could still come after us I thought. As I began looking back at the house… that disgusting prison I looked back to Mason.

“He has videos in there and maybe he has records of who hurt us… Before just burning it down can you check to see if you get anything that shows if he kept data first? I know there is a camera because in the room with a bed there was always a red blinking light… can you check for proof that he was harming us?” I desperately questioned. “And maybe any documentation with my name on it. I know it’s been ten years but he took everything from me and I woke up chained. Maybe he kept a few things?”

“I will check. It is cold, get in the van and wait for me. There are blankets behind the drivers side give them to the children, I will be back.” He swiftly walked away.

I got into the van and found the blankets and opened them up and wrapped the children up. Asking them how they were, checking on Kayla who had closed her eyes and probably falling asleep from sheer exhaustion but her face even in sleep was morphed in evident frowns.

My oldest sons holding my youngest daughters, keeping them quiet and now warm.