Chapter 27 : "fInALe"

Începe de la început

I thought for awhile then imagined Ciel holding a scissor and making gowns with a pencil in his ear. “Nah!” I said pushing the thought aside “He may got potential, but that will make him look gay-ish”

There’s still 15 minutes before going up on the altar so me, Nadine and Ira are sitting on the back room and staring at our engagement rings. I know we have to take them off, but still... I’ve never EVER even thought about removing them ever since I got them 2 years ago. I’m sure Nadine and Ira feels the same. Mine is made with white gold and Diamonds. Details? I guess you could say, it’s thin. A simple ring with a Lily in the middle. Ira’s ring is a bit thicker, and the diamond is also big. In short, a really BIG ring. Nadine’s ring is a bit different. Since she’s marrying the 3rd prince of Holland, Her ring is inherited in the Royal Family for 4 generations! Nadine’s the fifth. Her ring is a bit... What can I say? Gold? Mine and Ira’s are both silver-ish. Hers is gold, with a blue sapphire that fits in place.

 “Hey!” Ira called looking at Nadine

Nadine turned to her and raised her eyebrows as if to say what?

“Why do you have that ring?”

I didn’t get her so I said “Well, it’s because it’s what Sebastian gave her?” I said with an obviously tone.

“Duh?! I know that!” She scolded me and looked at Nadine again “What I mean is, if that ring is passed through generations. Why does Nadine have it? Shouldn’t the Queen have it? Nadine’s the wife of the THIRD prince.” He emphasized THIRD and I understood. She’s got a point though. The wife of Sebastian’s eldest brother should be the one receiving that ring. Why does she have it?

We both looked at her waiting for an answer.

“Oh.” She fidgeted in her seat “I actually can’t bring myself to mention this but” She inhaled then exhaled “Sebastian’s the one who’ll succeed the King’s throne.”

Me and Ira was like “WHAT!?!?!”

“Shhh!! Don’t Shout!” She said while putting her finger on her lips. “I was surprise too!! I asked him that same question 1 week ago, and he answered it nonchalantly!!” She said freaking out “Can you believe it? Nonchalantly?!” She rolled her eyes “He doesn’t understand me!! Being queen needs preparation!! How can he just blow to me the news?!”

Okay~ She’s definitely freaking out.

“Why’d that happen anyway?” Ira asked, completely ignoring Nadine’s freakiness.

“I heard his eldest brother quit way before.” she shook her head “Sebastian said that his first brother is lazy and untalented.” She frowned as if trying to remember what Sebastian said “His second brother on the other hand is very sick. He’s very wise, kind, industrious and definitely fit to be a king.” Then her face turned sad “But... He’s second brother was diagnosed with cancer 3 years ago and is still undergoing treatment. He’s getting better I think but He’s dad, King Samuel Ahern doesn’t want to take any chances with the king’s position so he just appointed Sebastian as heir!” she looked at us then held Ira’s shoulder “What do I do?! I can’t possibly rule a nation!!”

“Calm down!” Ira shouted “Sebastian loves you. I’m sure about that. Everything is gonna be fine”

Nadine began to calm down but then Conrad came in. “They said to tell you to get ready.”

“What do I do?!” She said freaking out again

“You’ll be fine!” Ira said in serious tones “Look, he had known that he’d be king way before he even proposed to you, that means that he knows that you can do it. Got it?”