Flashback

Jason's P.O.V. // a year before Selena left

  "Jason please just let me down so we can't talk!" Selena begged as i held her over my shoulder while walking home from that stupid party. I mean what 14 year old freshman gets invited to a party full of juniors and seniors.

  "As far as i'm concerned, nothing you say could change your actions from tonight", I hated being so mean to her, but I was so pissed off I couldn't even stop myself. All of the guys there were talking about how they wanted to get with her tonight, some were even talking about sharing her! Meanwhile she sat in a group of senior girls and boys playing spin the bottle wearing those shorts and that tank top, unaware of the attention she was receiving.

  "Jason you're overreacting! So what if I went to a party? You were there too so it's obviously not that serious." This made me set her down, bend my knees, and grab her shoulders so that we could be face-to-face, which would hopefully help her fully pay attention to what i was saying.

  "Selena it's extremely serious! You're little, defenseless and all the guys in our school want you, even though they know you're mine! What would have happened if I looked away for even a second? Oh I know! Some drunk asshole would pick you up and lock you in a room and I think you know what comes next." At this point I was breathless from yelling and my poor baby had tears in her eyes, but she needed to know. Every guy in our school wants Selena and would go behind my back just to get even a taste of her and I refuse to ever let anyone come close to having her besides me.

  "I'm not defenseless" Selena cried as she fell into me while wrapping her arms around the back of my neck. I automatically reacted by wrapping my arms around her and lifting her up to wrap her legs around my waist.

  I leaned into her ear and started to calm her down as my beautiful baby girl balled her eyes out on my shoulder. "I'm sorry for yelling princess, i'm just scared. One of my main goals in life is to protect you and if one of those guys hurt you tonight, I would have failed at keeping you safe. I love you baby please don't cry."

  She started to clam down a bit but not enough since she would still sniff and hiccup every few seconds. I started to walk back to my house and kiss her cheek and a little down her neck, since this always calmed her down.

  "I'm sorry for making you sad Jason, I love you." I could hear how tired she was by her voice.

  "It's alright baby, just go to sleep and you'll wake up at my house next to me. I'm not mad and I love you so much." Selena started to slowly become dead weight in my arms as I started to walk down the street of my house.

  Once I got inside, I found my mom sitting up in the kitchen with a cup of coffee. I put my finger up to my mouth to let my mom know Selena was asleep and she nodded her head understanding. As i went to walk up the steps with my sleeping beauty, my mom whispered, "Cone back down after, we need to talk" and I nodded, knowing not to fight.

  Selena has always been easy to put to sleep, especially since she spends many nights here in my room. I slipped off her shorts  and tank top and put the shirt I was wearing over her head and took out her earrings. I've seen Selena's body many times and would never take advantage of her.

  Leaving a kiss on her forehead and pulling the blanket up to her chest, I turned off the lights and quietly made my way out the room and headed for the stairs.

  Once my mom saw me she patted the seat, motioning me to sit next to her. "What's up mom?"

  "Did something happen to Selena? Where was she?", my mom asked with worry in her voice. My mother loved Selena almost as much as I did, not even Selena's mother loved Selena as much as I did.

  "Some of the seniors told her to come to the party and she thought there wasn't any wrong in going, so she did. I showed up a little bit after she did not even knowing she was gonna be there. The guys there started saying certain things about her that made my blood boil. I, once again, showed everyone there that she belonged to me by making her leave the party with me." My mom didn't look shocked, nor proud, nor disappointed. I know she's used to this. I know everyone's used to my love for Selena and not many people are even slightly fazed by it at this point.

  "Well Jason, I'm just glad you're both safe." she said while putting her hand over mine.

  "Well goodnight mom, I love you and if I don't get back to Selena soon, she'll wake up when I promised i'd be there when she woke up", I said while standing up and making my way to the stairs.

  "Goodnight Jason, I love you and Selena."

  Once I got in my room, I took my time to admire Selena's beauty from the small shadow of moonlight and shone through my window.

  I slid off the pants i was wearing and crawled in bed next to Selena, cuddling her body close to mine.

  "Forever, my beautiful angel", I whispered to her and then fell into a deep sleep, knowing I'd be with my baby in the morning.

Jason's's P.O.V. // now

  Oh no babygirl, you've made a mistake.