Then the other voice. Yeah.... the one before was definitely Drew.
"Alright Soph I'll give you a lift"
Sophie starts to protest but that other guy just says

"I'm not askin honey. You got no ride and you're not taking a cab, I'll take you to the café where your car is, then I'm following you to get your daughter and home"

She must be trying to say something, but he just says "Stop... That's how this is going to go, you had a freak of a day, I'll be happy and feel better if I know you got home safe... please"
Well, that shut her up. Next thing I know Sophie is next to me kissing me on the forehead and whispering in my ear,

"These dudes don't take no for an answer, sleep honey, I'll be here in the morning after I drop off Keata ok, I'll give her your kisses from you"

I think she hears me say "thank you" but I just hear the door close. Then I'm drifting off again.

Waking up again I look around and see Drew is still here, he's playing on his phone or something.

"Umm, can you please pass me the water"

He gets up straight away filling my glass and passing me the water with a straw, as I grab the glass our hand's touch and we just stare at each other for a bit, then after I take a drink he puts it back still looking at me.

" Thank you"
I say while looking somewhere else but at him, he just smiles.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm good for now I think my head hurts a bit but my leg hurts more"

"Yeah, you had a rough day. How about your feelings emotions?"
Feelings... about what, him? What, surely not. Then, he must see the confused look on my face.
"After everything, today, are you feeling jumpy, scared ?..."

Ohh way off.... so glad I didn't say anything.. haha that would have been awkward
" Nah I'm fine I think, things don't really bother me that much, I tended to just deal... anyway you don't need to be here, I'm fine. Soph is coming back tomorrow so....."

He doesn't take the hint he just sits back in his chair puts his hands behind his head and says

"I'm fine, comfy too ... so I'll stay"

"look.... I don't need you to stay, if you feel guilty, don't ... It's not your fault. I'm fine promise"
Now he's staring at me like he's going to eat me, shit.. he's making me squirm just when I think he's going to leave he says,

" I'm going to tell the nurse you're awake, then get a coffee, then I'll be back, you want anything"

Ok... he's staying, ok, ok I can deal.
"No, I'm fine thanks" then he just walks out.

Oh god, I didn't want to get to know him.
I keep saying in my head, bad boy bad boy. I keep the chant up in my head until a nurse comes in.

"How are you feeling honey, any pain? would you like some more pain relief"

"I'm fine thanks, it's not too bad at the moment"
She looks at me for a bit, then at the chart and asks,

"let's get a look at your leg, make sure you're not still bleeding"

Pulling back the covers she goes straight in, unwrapping my leg then cleaning the wound, before I know it she puts a new dressing on it, then wraps it back up and says,
"They got the bullet out in surgery nice and clean, the scar won't be very big. It will be a cool story to tell in a few years"
And that's when the dam breaks shit tears just keep coming the nurse gives me a hug, rubs my back and tells me it's going to be ok.

I know this, but shit what the fuck happened today.

And I can't afford a day off, I'm going to be kicked out of my place, fuck.
All this just keeps rushing around in my mind while the nurse is rubbing my back.
What am I going to do? Shit, wiping my face I tell the nurse,
"Sorry I think everything just caught up with me. I'm fine now.... thanks for that."

Just as the nurse is pulling away Drew walks back in with 2 cups of coffee, some chocolate, a packet of chips and some biscuits. I'm trying to hate this guy.

Watching him take a seat, the nurse starts to walk out and says,
" Buzz if you need pain meds, honey, another wise I'll be back in an hour, to check on you"
I smile as a thank you, then I look to Drew, he passes me my coffee.. I'm hoping he didn't put any sugar in it,
"I only added milk, bought sugar with me just in case I wasn't sure "

I smile at him and take a sip,

" Thanks, I don't take sugar "
Showing me the rest of the goodies I give him a bigger smile and go to reach for some chocolate
mmm yum, he smiles back and says,

" So... did the nurse change your dressing"
I nod my head while putting some chocolate in my mouth.

"You're not into much pain or anything, you want to talk about anything"

Looking at him again I shake my head
"No... I'm fine, thanks for the chocolate and coffee."

"You want to watch TV, I just got it put on in your room, maybe a movie"

I don't want to seem rude, so I just agree even though I can feel sleep pulling me back again. I tell him to pick the movie so we end up watching Fast and Furious, but I don't last long before I'm being pulled under again.