5

"So the last challenge huh..." Erika said slowly. Ponch pursed his lips. "Yup" They had tied in every challenge and now this was the one that could break it all. Whoever won this round was the best.
Interestingly enough, Baker had called Grossman and Getraer the be judges since they were so neutral. Then Grossman called Bonnie and Turner to come watch. Turner called Barry. Barry called Sindy. Sindy called Harlan and Fritz. Joe had asked his wife and kids to come, since his daughter was Erika Lasky's biggest fan. And of course, since his daughter had a fangirl attack, she called everyone she knew to let them know.
So, everyone was here now at sundown at an outdoor stage. Everyone. It even got around to the LAPD!
"Really must suck to see so many people who are going to witness me taking you down" Erika joked as they stood off to the side. Ponch laughed, "Oh sure! Look, It's gonna be the other way around man!" Jon ran up. "Guys I'm sorry. I wasn't expecting so many people!"
Erika tossed her hair and smoothed down her shirt. "I work best with an audience" she said dramatically. Ponch dusted off his own sleeves. "Well so do I" he said just as dramatic. Jon smiled and patted them on the back before dashing up the steps and onto the stage.
Frank had insisted on changing into his shiny red shirt and black pants to give him motivation and inspiration. It wouldn't hurt to impress the ladies either. Naturally Erika had to change as well into her pink blouse and favorite pair of faded bell bottom jeans with fringe on the ankles and bottom.
Suddenly the microphone whined a little and a voice came over the sound system. "Alright if I could have your attention please!" Jon waited for everyone to get quiet before continuing his anouncment. "Thank you for uh coming out here today, though we certainly weren't counting on so many of you. But before we get started, I'd like to explain kind of what's going on here.
My two best friends, Erika Lasky and Frank Poncherello, got a little bet going about who could do things better. But, I'd like to say, that they're both equally great to me and the best friends that any officer could have.
So! Without further a due, give it up for Erika and Ponch singing Anything you can do, I can do better!"
The duo walked onto the stage and smiled at each other as people applauded and the judges took their seats in front of the stage. They were given two mics and the music started. Erika began the song:

"Anything you can do, I can do better, I can do anything better than you."

"No, you can't. "
"Yes, I can."
"No, you can't."
"Yes, I can."
"No, you can't."
"Yes, I can, Yes, I can!"

Ponch- "Anything you can be, I can be greater. Sooner or later, I'm greater than you."

"No, you're not."
"Yes, I am."
"No, you're not."
"Yes, I am."
"No, you're NOT!"
"Yes, I am."
"Yes, I am!"

"I can shoot a partridge
With a single cartridge."

"I can get a sparrow
With a bow and arrow."
"I can live on bread and cheese."

"And only on that?"
"Yes."
"So can a rat!"
The two continued their singing battle as Jon felt a light slap on the back of the head. Jon snapped around annoyed.
"Hey! Does mom know you're hanging out at concerts unsupervised?" A young lady asked from behind him with a hand on her hip. Baker's eyes lit up at the sight of his sister next to Barry Baricza.
Ava smiled and wrapped her brother in a hug letting her brown hair fall on his shoulders. "Long time no see! How have you been? How's Wess?" Jon said over the music.
"Fine, fine. Wess is really shaping up to be a fine young man. No more car thefts. Though, maybe we're not as fine as you're doing" She said nodding her head toward the two singers. If she knew her brother, he wasn't doing this just to go along with one of Ponch's crazy ideas.
Jon laughed nervously and tried to get off the subject of him and his relationships. "Are you sure about that? Look at the guy you brought!"
Ava smirked and looked at Bare. "That's right, she's mine now Baker. I've stolen your sister!" He joked making Ava laugh and brush her hair behind her ear. If Jon knew his sister, he knew that she wished it wasn't a joke. "Hey, they're doing really good huh?" Bare added drawing their attention back to the stage.
Ponch and Erika were facing each other and going back and fourth between lines. They looked like they were having the best time of their lives! And so was everyone else! The best part though was their sergeant mouthing the words and nodding his head to the beat.

"I can jump a hurdle."
"I can wear a girdle."
"I can knit a sweater."
"I can fill it better!"

"I can do most anything!"
"Can you bake a pie?"
"No."
"Neither can I."

"Anything you can sing, I can sing sweeter."
"I can sing anything sweeter than you."
"No, you can't."
"Yes, I can."
"No, you can't. "
"Yes, I can."
"No, you can't."
"Yes, I can."
"No, you can't,"
"yes i can."
"No you can't, can't, can't!"
"Yes I can can can!"

"Yes, I can!" "No, you can't!"

The crowd erupted into cheering and applause. Jon whistled loudly and smiled. Erika and Ponch bowed first to the audience and then to the crowd.
"Excuse me" Jon said to Ava and Barry and walked onto the stage. "Great job you two!" He exclaimed. "Thanks!" Erika replied, "I nailed it!"
"Hey! I did way better than you!" Ponch defended.
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah!"
"Oh yeah?"
"Y-"
"Why don't we let the judges decided" Jon interrupted quickly and motioned to the Grossman and Joe. Their eyes widened and they turned to each other and spoke in hushed urgent tones. Finally, Joe nodded.
"The winner..." He called out, "is..." The crowd waited in silence and anticipation. Erika bit her lip. Ponch pulled at his collar. Jon rocked back on his heels just wanting to get out and teach Erika to bowl.
"Both of you!" He announced happily. The two competitors did not look so happy. "What?" Erika squealed. "Sarge! We've tied on everything! This can't be a tie too!" Ponch argued. Getraer shrugged and looked to Grossman.
"You both did really good. We couldn't choose" Arte explained simply.
Lasky sighed and stuck out her hand. "Hey, great job Ponch" she said, reluctantly letting her smile show through. He pretended to think about it for a moment before laughing and grabbing her hand as well.
The crowd, once again, began cheering but this time it didn't seem to be dying down so fast. Jon cleared his throat. "Erika. The bowling alley closes in a little while" he reminded quietly making her gasp in excitement.
She waved a hand and bounced off the stage. "Thank you for coming out tonight everyone! It means a lot to us!" She said quickly. The crowd dispersed and chatted with each other.
"Hey where are you two going?" Bare asked catching Jon and Erika slinking away. He folded his arms with Ava at his side. The men from the CHP circled around them clearly amused. Jon fixed his hair and stammered, "Oh uh well heh... we're uh going to the bowling alley..."
Ponch raised an eyebrow. "The bowling alley? But we already went there today." They looked at each other before Jon looked back. "Well then I guess I'm the real winner here" he said smiling as Erika linked her arm through his. "Goodnight all"
They floated away leaving Ponch stunned. "But- but- but I- he- she! That's what I do! That's I mean it's- I do that! That was my plan!"
Ava patted his back and stared into an imaginary sunset. "It's alright Ponch." She said sarcastically, "There are plenty other fish in the sea... let's go Bare"
Bare and Ava linked arms and began walking away. "AHH! Wait! Where are you two going?" Frank yelled after them. "I'm taking Ava home" Baricza called over his shoulder.
"Now..." he looked around at the empty grounds, "That's just not right" "Aww come on Ponch. We can go find some place that has karaoke" Ponch laughed. "Gee, thanks Bon Bon" he replied sarcastically.