1

"Doubt that Ponch. Seriously doubt that" Erika Lasky said with a shake of her head. She leaned back with her hands behind her head. "It's just not likely at all"
      Ponch and Erika were sitting across from each other in the break room waiting for Jon. They were both clad in their casual clothes which meant a tight red shirt and jeans for Ponch and a white flannel and faded jeans for Erika.
      "Look it's just a fact. Anything you can do, I can do better" Ponch said.
      "Nope" Erika said, calmly sipping her coffee.
      "Tell me one thing you can do better than me?" He asked.
      "I can ride a horse better than you" she commented amused.
      "I bet I could do better if I really tried" the officer defended.
      Erika sat up. "Oh yeah?"
      "Yeah! And I bet I could bowl better too. And sing better"
      "HA!" Erika cackled, "Fat chance! You forget that I'm a professional singer."
      "Well why don't you put your money where your mouth is huh?" Ponch challenged, "How bout a little bet huh? Tomorrow, whoever does the task better wins. Five bucks" Erika took another sip of her coffee. "Ten. Hold it right there!"
      Erika pointed a finger at the door making Jon wince. He'd been backing out of the room so as not to get involved. Too late. Man, how does she always do that?
     "Jon! You have to be our judge!" Ponch said going over to his partner. Erika followed and gripped his arm with her best smile. "Yeah!"
      "No way! Every time you make a bet I'm the one who always ends up loosing money"
      "Aww come on partner."
      "No Ponch. I wouldn't do this for a thousand dollars! Mainly because I'd end up loosing that thousand"
      "What about for me?" Erika asked innocently batting her eyelashes.
      Jon looked down at her and hesitated. "Pretty please... with a cherry on top?" She stuck out her bottom lip and widened her baby blues. "Oh don't do the face" Baker said looking away but he couldn't help but glance back. "Alright! Fine... I'll... I'll judge this little bet."
      Erika squealed and hugged the blonde officer while Ponch laughed. Jon smiled weakly. I can't just ignore the face...
      "Ok! Five bucks-" "Ten" Erika corrected. "Right, ten. What challenge first?" Ponch questioned.
       Erika raised an eyebrow mischievously. "Bowling it is!" He answered quickly before she had a chance to say horseback riding. He wasn't quite ready for that yet.