Signs of healing

Calvin's POV

I wake up. The memory of me and Yuuki having just kissed was still in my mind. I stand up and stretch my legs.

"It's only a dream. Maybe she was ready and that's why we kissed" I tell myself. "Though, it was only a dream." I hold Yuuki's hand to reassure her once more. It felt different though. Her hand would normally feel cold and clammy. Now it had warmth. I look to Yuuki's face. It wasn't pale anymore, it had color.

"Yuuki?". She was still asleep. Her skin tone was back and her body was healing. It was slowly reversing the damage AIDS had done to her over the years. I kneel by her bed and cry in joy. "I'm so glad this worked. I never expected this but, maybe it had something to do with our love?" I chuckle at my remark. If love did have something to do with it, it has to be one hell of a medicine. The blood bag was half empty. In an hour more, it would be empty and we would move to step two of Kurahashi's plan. I had to wait for Yuuki to wake up so I closed my eyes and rested for a while longer.

An hour later. Yuuki POV

"That dream...it could be us right?" The dream of me and Calvin having kissed for the first time still shone brightly in my mind. All of my doubts hidden away were gone. I felt...warm. That can't be possible. I'm wearing a sleeveless hospital outfit and the blanket only covers my lower half of my body. Calvin wouldn't be hugging me..would he?

I'm sure he knows my body looked frail so he would've avoided doing that. Then...it was me. My body was healing and that's what the warmth is. I tried opening my eyes. It took a lot of energy but, I managed to do it. The light felt bright against my eyes. Well I haven't opened them in like forever. I look around my surroundings. A white room, a stand with an empty blood bag hanging, and a person in a hazmat suit was resting his head beside my hand. I didn't have the energy to show it but, I was smiling. 

Calvin did say the truth when he said he would stay with me. I tried to tap on his face mask in hopes of waking him up. He must have been light sleeping because he woke up almost immediately.

"Well, good morning Yuko. Sleep well?" Calvin says with a chuckle. I tried to giggle but, it came out quite raspy. "We're gonna have to work on that" he says with another chuckle. "I'm so glad your feeling better" he says hugging me lightly. He felt so warm and safe. I finally got to feel that embrace in real life.

"Thank Y..ou" I try to say him. It also came out raspy but, he understood.

"Your welcome"

That Night in ALO

I was so happy I just couldn't keep it in. When we met on our island I ended up lunging at Cavalry in happiness.

"Someone's happy to see me"

"Sorry, I'm just so glad the procedure worked. It worked-it actually worked. I have a weird craving for curry though." He laughs.

"Well, first off, maybe the person you gave you blood likes to eat curry. Second you can say it was with the power of love right?". I look at him blankly. "What?" I give a shove in annoyance.

"That's what I've been telling you this whole time!" I throw a fit, throwing my fists at him in playful anger.

"Ow, okay-okay. I'm sorry for not believing you. I'm sorry"

"Say it like you mean it" I tell him adding so more power to my hits.

"Okay, okay. How about this?" He quickly brushes his lips against mine. I froze in shock. Cavalry notices it. "Idiot me, too soon. I'm so sorr-"

"Cavalry...did you have a weird dream today?" I ask stopping him.

"Huh?"

"Did you dream of us kissing for the first time?"

"Why do you ask? Did you have one about that?" Calvin asks back.

"Well..."

"Yes. I did dream about it" he admits. I gasp in shock.

"What happened? In your dream?" Cavalry explains the dream to me. It sounded so similar to mine.

"-and then we kissed. Everything got bathed in this white light and it ended there"

"Cavalry...would it be weird if I said I had a similar dream to yours?"

"Well, it's to be expected since we are in love" he says jokingly. I punch his arm. "Ow"

"I mean it."

"Well so do I. It is kinda weird we had similar dreams but, maybe it really was because we have a deep love for each other." I stay silent thinking it over. "You even said it yourself. Our first date went out really well and we were blood type compatible too. That I won't call a coincidence"

"Okay, you have a point. Wait we were blood compatible?!"

"Yeah...and that blood-"

"It was yours..."

"Yes"

"That why I was craving curry!" Cavalry laughs. I hug him in happiness. "Cavalry...can we try again?"

"How so?"

"Can we try our first kiss again?"

"If your ready then..."

"I'm ready. For sure this time"

"Very well." We face each other. Our faces were close like in the dream. We close our eyes and come closer to each other. I could feel his breath against mine, slow, steady and calm. Our lips touch each other and I feel sparks travel down my body. My heart began to race. We were actually kissing (well in a virtual reality game) but it was...magical. It was amazing even better than the dream. I wanted it to last forever. I wanted the sparks to last till the end of time. 

Then I felt a sharp pain. I needed to catch my breath so I broke the kiss. Cavalry seemed to be the same. We both looked at each other, out of breath. Cavalry gives me his warming smile as I smile back. Our love had been finally sealed. Sealed with love's first kiss.